Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How'd You Do This Season?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: How'd You Do This Season?

11/12 - 1ST year points dynasty - I drafted incredibly young. had no intention of competing this year, even next year. After that... world domination
    9/12 - Dynasty - I lost 4 heartbreakers early in the year. Overpaid for Matthews & then made several rebuilding moves. Ended up with #1, 5, 9, 10 picks in 1st round. it'll be a quick turnaround
    7/14 - dynasty - 1st round exit vs. a buzz-saw. Injury plagues season. Hoping for some serious rebounds from Trochek & Rakell. Have some tough decisions to make with Gustafsson, Keller & Boeser moving up from my minors next year
    2/12 - 10-limited keeper. I got pummelled in the finals. OGM was on a different planet. Transitioning to a cap dynasty next year so this'll be an interesting off-season.
    1/12 - keep 12, 3yr contracts. This summer is going to hurt when i drop Matthews, Seguin, Crosby, Ovie, Wheeler, Trochek. But they got me the title. Added Athanasiou on the final day of the season. He's got 1 year left. I consider that a huge plus! I went all in for this title. No 1st rounds over the next 3 years. I draft a few Gustafsson's in the late rounds again - I don't think that will matter.

In 4/5 pools I'm well positioned to be in the thick of it as soon as next year.
    This last one.... I'll need to put more time into research than ever to give myself any edge I can to get the most out of my draft.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

strated out like a house on fire..was 1 of 10 for a couple weeks even. then i made a couple of moves trying to "improve" some dark corners and got bit. that coupled with my guys coming back to earth, a looong poor patch by Getz and a Ranty injury landed me in 6/10
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not gonna lie very disappointing year. I only did 2 leagues this year which is my fewest in a long time. After spending years of winning or losing in the ship....my keeper team won the Bronze which is meh. My yearly league fell apart and I didn't even medal.

Dobber Sports Master

I got spanked badly in both of stuntmans ''one and done'' leagues

Dobber Sports Genius

Three pools. Won the regular season in 3 of them, won the chaimpionship in two and lost in the finals in the third one. I was up with one game of active players left. I have Laine he has Kyle Connor, tied in points. Well Laine did squat and Connor got two points. Lose the match ugh.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Genius

Won my first championship in the league in my sig after bouncing between 2nd and 3rd over the past 5 seasons.

Usually the winner does it on the strength of their goaltending but mine was ranked 7th overall with 22 out of a possible 50 points due to benching almost 3/4 of my possible SOs and playing almost every game where my goalies let in 3 or 4 goals on 9ish shots and got yanked.

Fortunately my skaters performance more than made up for it but I’ll still be looking at some tweaks to challenge again next season.

932FF059-42CC-44AB-B760-436B90A6486C.jpeg
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Titan

Until I got the email this afternoon, I had 100% forgotten that I had entered a charity box pool at work in September. Hadn't checked in since then, and apparently I'm going home with first place a little pocket change to boot. That's a nice feeling to cap off a season!

Also this may be a sign that I join too many pools. If I can put $20 down on a pool and completely forget to even check it...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Keeper: won for the third year in a row (it's existed three years). I was down to second a couple times throughout the season including with just over a month to go, but then my entire team apparently got angry and I won by 62.

First Year Keeper (goal heavy): 5th out of 12. Won this league last year, but this year I drafted solely with the future in mind. Still not sure how many keepers we have as it is somewhat poorly run, but I'll have Eichel, Pettersson, Laine, DeBrincat, Andersen and a few other young bucks to choose from when they eventually get their act together...
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Worst year in probably 10 years. Never recovered from my pathetic worst draft ever until the last month. But I won the losers bracket. So I get first overall in my keeper next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am now in 2 leagues.

My main league (in sig) I had a solid season, even though I barely finished above .500, as I had worse matchup luck than usual. I won my division as the only team above .500, then promptly lost in the first round of the playoffs to 2nd place in my division due to my opponent's goalie (Mikko Koskinen this year) going off. I haven't gotten out of the first round of the playoffs in years, and there is literally no way to fix it besides getting luckier. So I try again next year.

My second league is a cap dynasty I joined this year, and I posted out here for advice, starting in this thread:
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-some-feedback

I got some very solid advice, and managed to get that team to the semi finals, where my lack of goaltending bit me. Some of my fliers worked out, others didn't, but I did a lot of retooling to get significantly younger, and have one extra draft pick next year. I'd call that a success.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

2 primary leagues - RHRS and local/friend keeper - took home the title in both despite admittedly not having the "best" team in either (thanks lady luck!)

Every other single league (box, first-to-worst, draft-and-forget, cap draft-and-forget) I got absolutely demolished in... worst finishes maybe ever.

But any time you can luck out to win the primary two... is a good year for sure.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

14 team H2H keep 15. My oldest league. Finished 1st overall and won the championship. My first in this league. Bishop shutout saved my ass after Khudobin six spot wrecked me on Friday.

16 team H2H keep 20. Finished 1st overall and won the championship. I lost in the semis last year but in five years in this league I am 14-1 in the playoffs. This year some rebuilders traded me E. Karlsson, Palmeiri, N. Foligno, Seguin, Benn and Rinne. I gave up Middelstadt, Keller, Couturier, Gallagher, Ghost and Andersen in those trades.

Dobber Experts. 3rd. Second 3rd in a row. Missed Horrorfan in 2nd by half a point. Was actually watching the live standings when his Quick win bumped me from a tie to third. Can't help but think of a few mistakes made there. I would have taken 2nd. And I'm pretty happy to take the little bronze trophy as well.

14 team roto. 1st. My third year in this league and my first win following two 4ths. Shallow rosters and really goalie heavy. You cannot find a backup on waivers. The category totals stay really tight and you have to hit things just right. This year my goalies managed to not drag my skaters down.

12 team roto. 1st. Five minutes after the draft, once I'd checked the rosters, I told my girlfriend that if I didn't win I'd eat a box of hats. Finished with 111 points out of 120.

12 team roto. 1st. My own league in its third year. Damn near was caught near the end but mostly lead the whole way. My second win here.

12 team roto. 3rd. Lots of cats. Finished behind Temek and the league commissioner, who always does well. I've now been 2nd, 2nd, 5th and 3rd. Really like this league too. Hopefully next year.

Finally, my shame. One of the entry level KKUPFL's. Had to auto draft. Some early successes hid what was a poor team. Couple injuries and poor moves and I ended up 11th. My worst fantasy finish ever. Only time I've missed the playoffs.

The last two years I've had one win in each so five of eight with a couple of thirds qualifies this as close too if not my best year so far.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

11 team Roto - 2/11 - 1st year league (14 keepers) solid season with some great FA pickups in Binnington and Gustuffson as well as Grubuar down the stretch. The team that won the league autodrafted and only made 11 moves all season. He set his lineups and dominated the league from day one. Happy with my chances going forward and enjoyed playing roto over H2H as it was a pretty tight 4 way battle for 2nd down the stretch.
    2023 Champ
    11 Teams - 24 player rosters - 12 Keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Yahoo rotisserie - 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN ,2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, HITS, +-, PIM, BK, GS, W,GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Lindholm, Stephenson, Norris
    LW: Robertson,
    Fiala, Bertuzzi, Boldy,
    RW: Miller, Tarasenko, Seguin, Ehlers
    D: Hamilton, Karlsson,
    Bouchard, Nurse, Dobson, Larsson
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin
    B: Husso, Tippett, McCabe, TT.

Dobber Sports Initiate

10/24 in my main league in sig. Money back from winning my division. Playoff exit in round one.

2/14 in my other league. Dominated all year and team choked in the finals. Money back plus some for winning division and top seed.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin