Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How'd You Do This Season?

Big Daddy

Default How'd You Do This Season?

The regular season has finally wrapped up and so have all of our fantasy leagues and hockey pools. So let;s share our success, disappointments and league finishes with eachother. I'll kick us off....

League #1: PQMC (as seen on the Dobber forums)
    Finished the regular season in 7th place of 12, tied on points with 6th place but lost the tie-breaker for the final play-off spot. Earned a first round bye in the consolation bracket, lost in the second round but won my final match to finish 9/12 overall. It was a "rebuild" year for me so I am happy with the result. Improved my keepers via trade by packaging previous keepers with depth players and added some picks along the way too. A successful year in my opinion.

League #2: Was a borderline playoff team so I also decided to trade away all non-keepers and stock pile draft picks. Did a pretty damn good job acquiring a bunch of picks but the day after the season ended we had 3 guys bail and the league folded. I'll chalk this one up as a major disappointment.

League #3: The smallest of fantasy leagues to introduce my brother into the wonderful world of fantasy hockey. 4 team league with an 8 man roster. Making moves in this league was a lot of fun but also very difficult given the talent available. Almost caught the 1st place team on the final day of the season but had to settle for 2nd.

League #4: The Money League!
    Absolutely dominated. Killed my draft and never looked back. Finished in first place with a 333(!!!) point lead ahead of 2nd place and took home the cash.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: How'd You Do This Season?

League #1- Rebuilding year. Traded away some aging stars (Burns and Gio) and got Hamilton, a slew of prospects, draft picks, and Crawford as basically a throw-in. Stupidly traded away Gustafson for a draft pick after picking him up as a free agent.

League #2- Finished with the #2 seed and my team crapped the bed (Andersen) in the finals. If you look at the roto categories for the league, I had the best team by a comfortable margin. Drafted a couple future keepers in Lindholm and Dubois.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Finished 3rd out of ten teams despite trading a bunch of depth to retool my team back in January to improve my keepers and prospects. Set up pretty good for another run next year and hopefully many more into the future.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Titan

First in a few leagues, second in the Dobber Roto, fourth in two, and unfortunately bowed out in the first round of a 16 team playoffs.
    Also placed in the money in a few box pools.
    All in all a successful year, but I'll have to try again for the elusive perfect year of all firsts.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Head-to-head was a disaster due to half my roster getting injured at playoff time

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Did fairly mediocre in all my leagues. Broke even money wise. Not happy.

Dobber Sports Monster

3/20
    3/12

Got a little bit of money for winning my division in the first one. I'll take it.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

won a roto cats league (took over team in 17-18 and built it up for this year )
    won a h2h keeper for $$ (this team finished last in 2017-18 , built it up and did well with streaming wisely and a decent trade or 2 )

my own dynasty leagues
    finally won playoffs in that 70's league
    lost in finals in black and blue
    finished dead last in roaring 20's

Dobber Sports Sage

First in the league in sig for the third year in a row (16 teams) with a 23-2 record. Also won the three round playoff for some bonus $. Keeping McDavid and Kucherov so life really couldn't be better in this league. Thanks to the Dobber community as always!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Season went alright since joining the famed WHL....

Hit correctly on several rumours....while some others didn’t come to fruition....

Acquired a whopping 19 Twitter followers...

GM interviews seemed to be positively received...

Offseason will be key to build on momentum created...
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports All-Star

I came in second in both my leagues this year. Incredibly close in one, right down to the last game. Fell out of touch a little over a week ago in the other.

All in all happy, but the Championship is what it is all about.

Back at er for next season!
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ace

3/12

if i picked up grubauer for his sunday game, would've won my semi's and then points wise would've won the final and 700$$
    worst part is my buddy told me to do it, and i said it would never work lol
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kind of a very successful yet disappointing season: Lost the first week 5:6 and never lost again during the whole season (not even a draw, wins only) just to have a rotten week in the finals and lose 4:9
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Won my first keeper championship after 3-year complete rebuild. Gonna get a official nhl jersey as prize out of it. Also won my one year league and made some nice money. -

If anybody is interested about details of my rebuild i made a separate post about it earlier https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-championship)
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In order of importance/desire:

1-Year Leagues:
    4/12 Rocky Horror Roto Show. I'm happy with this finish, though 1st place was within reach if I do any two of the following: a) Don't draft Doughty & Kopitar, b) Don't drop Binnington & Hart, c) Don't have my team crash by -60 in the final month.
    5t/12 DobberExperts League. This is an amazing finish considering I was last beyond first month of season. Patched what skater cats I did and had my overdrafting on goalies win me 2/3 cats: Wins, GAA.
    1/12 Iron League. Lord of the Rinks invited me to his friend/colleague league. I got a cozy draft position away from LOTR and rocked the draft. This league went a bit too easy, so final year in it for me.
    3/12 Dobber MOCK Challenge. Zorro & StuntMan finished 1/2. I actually had a supremely good skater group, but my drafted goalies of Holtby/Elliott/Neuvirth finished dead last in goalie cats.

Keepers:
    10/24 WHL-S4. By far my favourite keeper. I actually loved my season... as I had the big "free agent" find in Jordan Binnington. My team is young and in really good shape for future years. I couldn't have won playoffs anyways.
    12/12 SHL-S10. 2nd year of massive rebuild for me. I own 4 of the top 6 draft picks, which are lottery... so hopefully those land me Hughes & Kaako, if I happen to miss both, I'll probably dig a pit and lie down in it.
    8/12 PQMC. I joined this league on the night before the draft. Not quite fond of some of the league settings - but it is a half (partial) keeper and I don't have one of those leagues currently. Good GMs. I'll give it at least one more year to see if gets any better.