Thread: 2018/19 DobberHockey Invitational: Final Standings and Announcement

The Wolverine

Default 2018/19 DobberHockey Invitational: Final Standings and Announcement

I've decided to make this summary thread to show all the leagues' final standings, and provide invite, promotion, relegation and replacement details for next season. Thought it would be easier than having to go through each league thread.

Also, I am announcing that this was my last season running the DobberHockey Tiered Invitational. It's been fun and challenging but it's time I step aside. Fortunately, I have found a replacement who I'm sure will do a great job in running the competition. It will be niconasr, who played (and won!) the Entry Norris league this season. As I have done in the past, he will provide information later in the summer to let everyone know about the 2019/20 competition. Stay tuned.

Thanks to everyone for playing and enjoy the playoffs!

Here are the 2018/19 final standings for all seven leagues across the three divisions:

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2018/19 DobberHockey Invitational: Final Standings and Announcement

Thank you for everything HF. It really is an under appreciated job, and you have done an outstanding job with it. Having helped out a touch, I know there's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than we even get an inkling of on this side of the curtain.

Niconasr, cheers to you for offering to take over. I'll be unavailable for a good portion of August, but once September rolls around let me know if you need a hand with things.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

First of all, thanks a lot to horrorfan for the outstanding job as a commish for these leagues. It's a testament to how well you've been doing your job that I've never heard one complaint going around this forum about this whole setup. I'll try and do as good a job and not mess anything up!

I'm proud to take over your duties. I've managed my fair share of leagues but never anything this big so I'm happy for a new challenge. I do have a young family so I might not be as active around the forums as you but I usually do manage to come by the forums every day, even if it's only for a couple of minutes.

Eskimo, thanks a lot for the offer of help, I'll probably PM you anytime I might need a hand.

Enjoy the playoffs everyone!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for all the work you put in horrorfan!

And thanks for stepping in for next season niconasr!

See you folks in the pro division next season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Cheers to you, horrorfan - for all your hard work over the year.
    Many in the community may not know that you did this of your own goodwill towards fantasy hockey, without so much as a dime of compensation!
    It is one of the strong community builders and I (for one) am forever grateful to your efforts!!!

Congrats to all the winners, promoteds, and well-played-ers!!!
    See you next year.

Advanced thanks to niconasr for taking of the tall task!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks HF, all your hard work here was very much appreciated, across all the leagues you've helped with.

One thing I would like to propose moving forward, relegate 4 from each of the PRO leagues, and promote the top 2 from each of the entry leagues. I think it makes it a little more fair as it seems much harder to move up from those entry leagues with only the winner making the jump. Also, no reason to have it different then the upper tiers in my opinion. Either way, looking forward to next season.

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks for your hard work throughout the years horrorfan. Congrats to the winner.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

One thing I would like to propose moving forward, relegate 4 from each of the PRO leagues, and promote the top 2 from each of the entry leagues. I think it makes it a little more fair as it seems much harder to move up from those entry leagues with only the winner making the jump. Also, no reason to have it different then the upper tiers in my opinion. Either way, looking forward to next season.
    That's a good suggestion. I'll make sure niconasr is aware of it and can decide whether to put that in place for next season. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into these leagues over the years horrorfan! We all very much appreciate it! They are always loads of fun and super-competitive. You've done an amazing job over the years with it.

Major props to you niconasr for taking over, I have no doubt you'll do great with it. Much like EB, my time is quite limited but I'd be happy to help out in any way I can if you need a hand getting things set up. This was my 3rd year in these leagues so I'm fairly familiar and I tried to help horrorfan as much as I could over the last year or two.

Congrats temek on winning the experts league, I'm not shocked by that in the least. A true competitor.

Congrats to all the Pro winners and your promotions, good luck playing with the big dogs next year. I'll be up in 2020 after falling one place shy for the second year in a row.

And finally congrats to all the entry level winners. Step it up for 2019, it's going to be a battle!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    That's a good suggestion. I'll make sure niconasr is aware of it and can decide whether to put that in place for next season. Thanks.
    Yes, I saw this proposition and I do believe it would be the best thing to do. Currently, 4 managers get relegated in Expert and Entry leagues so it would only be fair to do the same thing for the Pro. Unless someone comes in with an argument I haven't thought about, we'll do this going forward.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Major props to you niconasr for taking over, I have no doubt you'll do great with it. Much like EB, my time is quite limited but I'd be happy to help out in any way I can if you need a hand getting things set up. This was my 3rd year in these leagues so I'm fairly familiar and I tried to help horrorfan as much as I could over the last year or two.
    Thanks pal, I'll hit you up if I need a hand. Even if you're a Bruins fan and I'm a Habs fan! Hopefully we're in the same Pro league next year for a fun competition.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Thanks pal, I'll hit you up if I need a hand. Even if you're a Bruins fan and I'm a Habs fan! Hopefully we're in the same Pro league next year for a fun competition.
    I mean if you're running it that's technically up to you haha
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I mean if you're running it that's technically up to you haha
    I'm guessing availability for draft dates takes precedence over some imagined feud!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I'm guessing availability for draft dates takes precedence over some imagined feud!
    I'll explain the system I use to determine which teams play in which Pro leagues. Up to you if you want to follow it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I'll explain the system I use to determine which teams play in which Pro leagues. Up to you if you want to follow it.
    Haha, I like having the power! But yeah, I'll probably keep it rolling how it already goes, no reason in changing it.