Thread: auto insurance

Dobber Sports Master

Default auto insurance

hey guys , just wondering how much your paying these days . my policy for a mid size SUV (2016) has gone up 100'ish every year lately and its now creeping up to 1500$ even though there hasnt been a claims and our driving records are spotless .

I usually just let it automatically roll over because I dont feel like dealing with an insurance broker rep who sent a letter with my recent renewal advising I should increase my coverage even though without more coverage my policy went up anyways .

I get that theres general increases but 10% increase every year lately is annoying

Administrator

Default Re: auto insurance

Sounds to me like you need to switch providers.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Sounds to me like you need to switch providers.
    my old rep from same insurance broker retired , replaced by new lady that I havent met .

at least my old rep would call me up with some new ideas to lower cost with a different carrier from time to time .

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    my old rep from same insurance broker retired , replaced by new lady that I havent met .

at least my old rep would call me up with some new ideas to lower cost with a different carrier from time to time .
    People tell me to switch providers on stuff like insurance, cable, etc. every five years or so to maintain optimum savings. I dunno how sage that advice is but it seems to generate real savings if you are willing to put in the work. The question for me is whether the savings are worth the work put in, or if it's just better to let it ride. People who enjoy the hustle will maximize the savings, while others may need to pay the premium of not changing things for peace of mind of not having to worry.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    hey guys , just wondering how much your paying these days . my policy for a mid size SUV (2016) has gone up 100'ish every year lately and its now creeping up to 1500$ even though there hasnt been a claims and our driving records are spotless .

I usually just let it automatically roll over because I dont feel like dealing with an insurance broker rep who sent a letter with my recent renewal advising I should increase my coverage even though without more coverage my policy went up anyways .

I get that theres general increases but 10% increase every year lately is annoying
    FSCO's web site shows says that in 2018, the average increase was about 9 per cent (based on adding up the four quarterly increases). Of course, individual rates can be significantly above or below this.

There are a bazillion online tools that compare insurance rates; why not check one out and see what the results are for your personal circumstances?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Make sure you compare apples to apples and not to oranges. I reside in BC. Many Albertans who move here complain bitterly about how high their rates are here compared to Alberta. What they don’t take into account are medical and rehab benefits as well as property damage claims. I was employed as an Insurance Rehab Coordinator. The Benefits in BC are the Cadillac version of these benefits compared to the very basic coverage in Alberta. Many people say why should I pay for these benefits if I’m probably not going to use them. The people using these benefits weren’t planning on using them either. Unfortunately accidents happen. You could be off work, need therapy, job retraining etc. Etc.
    Bottom line: compare same coverages to same coverages, don’t just use make, model of vehicle as a comparison.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Ace

As a former agent in the us. Be careful when you shop especially online. Best bet is to shop every 2-3 (if necessary) and go to a few select agents (carriers). Apples to apples is fair but you need to also have a detailed discussion on asset protection etc to get what will be the best value (not price--sure price plays a part of it). Value is the key. Is the carrier reliable? Stable financially? Do you like your agent/ Staff? Those are part of the value