Thread: Barn Burner - Who to start?... who gets benched? part trois (REP!!)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Barn Burner - Who to start?... who gets benched? part trois (REP!!)

I'm up 8-6-1, with several close cats. None closer than goalie's

Sounds like he's going to start Rask vs. TB.

Here's the current lay of the land. Everything it seems is up in the air!!

W L GAA SV% SO
    4 4 2.54 .906 1
    4 5 3.10 .906 0
    I hold the second set. That Bos SO yesterday was a killer

My options:

Vegas starter @ LA
    Andersen @ Mon
    Lehner @ Wsh

I feel like Vegas is a must start.. although it could be a trap game.

Would it be better to roll with the two goalies in games that matter for something? MAF is due for a SO I figure.. it's been two weeks

Rep to all! that I can.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Barn Burner - Who to start?... who gets benched? part trois (REP!!)

The playoff implications of the individual games should be taken into account. Plus you will need to scrutinize the scratches before game time to see which teams are tanking for the night to rest guys.

Lehner seems like the best bet if you decide to play. Probably will check back with this thread later on after we know more.

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel like I've been giving you poor answers the whole time. You seem to have nothing to lose by starting goalies at this point. So with that in mind, I would start two, which means we sit one. Andersen is supposed to start, so that's one option, Lehner will probably start too (Greiss started the last game), and you own both Vegas goalies. That means you aren't going to have the decision just easily made for you.

Washington doesn't have anything to play for, while the Isles are playing to guarantee home ice through the first round. I like Lehner in this game, and he has been solid all season.

Vegas has nothing to play for, and Fleury just played last game, so I think he gets rested in favour of Subban before game 1 of the playoffs. Subban has been hit and miss, plus Vegas will likely sit some of their skaters. It does feel like a trap game.

TOR/MTL is always a very entertaining game. Depending on tonight's CLB/NYR game, the TOR/MTL game either means a lot, or it means nothing. Either way for TOR, it's a pride game, and apparently that doesn't mean much to them based on the last couple weeks. Muzzin will be sitting, and it wouldn't surprise me if others are too.
    I feel like I'm actually more worried about MTL if they come in loose with nothing to play for (after a CLB win Saturday). If CLB loses, Toronto will know the pressure is on them, and I feel like they'll be able to smother them a little better. MTL may still come out with a win, but I think it will be lower scoring that way.
    Also of note, Hutchinson has been called up, so maybe Andersen does get rested after all.

Bottom line, I think Lehner is a must-start.
    If CLB loses on Saturday, I think it's a coin flip between VGK and Andersen. If it's Fleury, play him, if it's Subban, I really don't know what to do.
    If CLB wins and MTL comes in loose, then I would sit Andersen and play whichever VGK goalie goes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I feel like I've been giving you poor answers the whole time. You seem to have nothing to lose by starting goalies at this point. So with that in mind, I would start two, which means we sit one. Andersen is supposed to start, so that's one option, Lehner will probably start too (Greiss started the last game), and you own both Vegas goalies. That means you aren't going to have the decision just easily made for you.

Washington doesn't have anything to play for, while the Isles are playing to guarantee home ice through the first round. I like Lehner in this game, and he has been solid all season.

Vegas has nothing to play for, and Fleury just played last game, so I think he gets rested in favour of Subban before game 1 of the playoffs. Subban has been hit and miss, plus Vegas will likely sit some of their skaters. It does feel like a trap game.

TOR/MTL is always a very entertaining game. Depending on tonight's CLB/NYR game, the TOR/MTL game either means a lot, or it means nothing. Either way for TOR, it's a pride game, and apparently that doesn't mean much to them based on the last couple weeks. Muzzin will be sitting, and it wouldn't surprise me if others are too.
    I feel like I'm actually more worried about MTL if they come in loose with nothing to play for (after a CLB win Saturday). If CLB loses, Toronto will know the pressure is on them, and I feel like they'll be able to smother them a little better. MTL may still come out with a win, but I think it will be lower scoring that way.
    Also of note, Hutchinson has been called up, so maybe Andersen does get rested after all.

Bottom line, I think Lehner is a must-start.
    If CLB loses on Saturday, I think it's a coin flip between VGK and Andersen. If it's Fleury, play him, if it's Subban, I really don't know what to do.
    If CLB wins and MTL comes in loose, then I would sit Andersen and play whichever VGK goalie goes.
    Other than Andersen vs. NYI.... there's not much else that coudl be done I don't think. Starting Andersen has been a scary prospect of late & I dunno if I would have plugged him in in either game had it been unanimous.
    I dominated G stats all year with this trio - MAF, Lehner, FA - leading 4/5 G cats for the season.

Praying to the hockey Gods they give me just one more night of fantasy league leading G stats.

Dobber Sports Sage

Lehner won some championships for people tonight. Hope he was in your lineup.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I had set my lineup with both lehner and fleury to start... but after Lehners SO.. I quickly benched Fleury. Rask blowing up helped Ended up 3-0-2 in goalie cats. With GAA 2.82-2.83 for me. Unreal how that worked out.

Final tally 9-3-3. Reg season champ and League championship banners are mine.

Dobber Sports Titan

Very nice!
    Good think you benched Fleury too since he let in four.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I had set my lineup with both lehner and fleury to start... but after Lehners SO.. I quickly benched Fleury. Rask blowing up helped Ended up 3-0-2 in goalie cats. With GAA 2.82-2.83 for me. Unreal how that worked out.

Final tally 9-3-3. Reg season champ and League championship banners are mine.
    Sweet!