Thread: Obscure NCAA and Euro- Please Rate!

The Great One

Default Obscure NCAA and Euro- Please Rate!

looking to add late bloomers. Only eligible to sign after they sign with an NHL team. I knocked two out of the park last year with Bemmtrom and Mierzlikins- hoping for some more dobber forums (JP!!) magic!!!

Max Verroneau
    Nico Sturm
    Taro Hirose
    Snively
    Otto Kivenmaki
    Oliwer Kaski

Huge reps!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Obscure NCAA and Euro- Please Rate!

Are you asking us to rate these guys, or do you want us to provide other names past these guys because they're the ones already on your radar?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Are you asking us to rate these guys, or do you want us to provide other names past these guys because they're the ones already on your radar?
    Dang both would be good! Im looking for "swing for the fences" type picks. Id rather a 30% chance of a top sixer then a 60% chance of a 3rd line checker (although I know with names this obscure thats the type of projection we're likely dealing with). But yea if you have more names of recent FA signnings Im all ears!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

JP already has you covered for Euro free agents

Prospect Ramblings: 2019 European Free Agents

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think I'm the right guy to be sorting through all of these guys and putting upsides on them, but I will say Hirose has looked solid. If you're grabbing one of the bunch, he's my pick.

Otherwise, I'll say that what I do is just keep an eye on the capfriendly signings box, and if there's someone I don't know there, I look them up, and if the numbers/reviews pass the eye test, I jot them down on my list. No secret formulas or anything.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

no interest in CHL signings? Felhaber signed with Tor. this year...
    there's some 6th/7th rounders that have just blown up this year too... Fix-Wolanski, Chekovich, Chmelevski.
    Justin Brazeau (unsigned) should get a contract offer (61g 113pts in OHL this year) - another to watch.
    Barre-Boulet from last year.

Not sure how far off the radar he is, but Ian Mitchell is still seldom owned in any pool. One 7th round Dman I've been watching the last year or so.. Jeremy Davies (NJ).

I'll throw in Matthew Phillips (Cgy) who's having a good 1st pro season in Stockton.
    There's been more than a few really good late draft picks the past couple years to keep an eye on.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hirose and Kaski would be my gambles from that list.

I think Kaski is the top European free agent this summer but he needs to sign with the right team - there's definitely risk with him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    no interest in CHL signings? Felhaber signed with Tor. this year...
    there's some 6th/7th rounders that have just blown up this year too... Fix-Wolanski, Chekovich, Chmelevski.
    Justin Brazeau (unsigned) should get a contract offer (61g 113pts in OHL this year) - another to watch.
    Barre-Boulet from last year.

Not sure how far off the radar he is, but Ian Mitchell is still seldom owned in any pool. One 7th round Dman I've been watching the last year or so.. Jeremy Davies (NJ).

I'll throw in Matthew Phillips (Cgy) who's having a good 1st pro season in Stockton.
    There's been more than a few really good late draft picks the past couple years to keep an eye on.
    Signed to an AHL deal with the Toronto Marlies

Dobber Sports Jedi

To actually respond to your post...

Hirose & Sturm are the two I like the most. Sturm should slot in with Minn next season.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    looking to add late bloomers. Only eligible to sign after they sign with an NHL team. I knocked two out of the park last year with Bemmtrom and Mierzlikins- hoping for some more dobber forums (JP!!) magic!!!

Max Verroneau
    Nico Sturm
    Taro Hirose
    Snively
    Otto Kivenmaki
    Oliwer Kaski

Huge reps!!
    I am very confused by this. Bemstrom does not have an NHL contract yet and Merzlikins signed on March 20, 2019 so how did you acquire them last year if they have to sign with an NHL team first?

Luke Philp - Calgary Flames is a potential homerun that no one will be talking about

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am very confused by this. Bemstrom does not have an NHL contract yet and Merzlikins signed on March 20, 2019 so how did you acquire them last year if they have to sign with an NHL team first?

Luke Philp - Calgary Flames is a potential homerun that no one will be talking about
    Probably due to them being drafted already... the players are undrafted - so they'll need a contract. vs draft pick