Thread: Denisenko vs. Krebs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Denisenko vs. Krebs

I have an offer to move Denisenko (mine) for the #9 overall - (Peyton Krebs is likely the player available at 9, if my communication net is correct).

League is 28 team, pts only, keep 9. Start 9 fwds, 4 D, 1 goalie. I'm in rebuild so the timeframe doesn't really matter.

Looking for long term viability.

I don't like Button's shtick but when he ranked Denisenko as the #2 prospect outside of the NHL he definitely raised my brow.

Denisenko has one more year under contract in the K and by all accounts seems to want to come play in the NHL. Florida is loaded so although he would have to earn a spot in the top six, he should have skilled players around him.

Krebs is obviously more of an unknown but I'm torn because of the Russian factor and I can't sift through the hype machine to get a great read on the Russian. We also don't know where Krebs will go in the upcoming draft.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Denisenko vs. Krebs

I'd stick with Denisenko. You have a better idea of who you've got now, Krebs could easily fall or rise up draft lists, and I wouldn't put too much stock in the "Russian factor" especially if you're not concerned with timeframe. If nothing else Deniseko's stock could go through the roof with a strong World Juniors Tournament in December and you could exploit that value to get Krebs+.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with holding Denisenko.
    I think with the extra year holds over Krebs it pubs you in a better position to reap benefits sooner.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Rep to both

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz

Farm

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yeah... I dunno. I'm more on the other side of things. Krebs/Zegras/Caufield... I'm concerned about Denisenko reaching potential & I think he's one that concerns me he'll actually come over. I think he's got Radulov like potential... but there's something about him that I shy away from.

Those American kids around #9 I really like. I'd try to sell the Radulov potential & get an add on to the pick.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tx Luca,

I thought I just responded but maybe I didn't hit the "post" (see what I did there?).

I've been wondering a lot about Caufield. To my eye, his skating is below average despite top 5 mitts and finishing ability. I worry that it keeps him from being an impact player. You think he is worth a shot there in place of guys like Kaliyev, Lavoie, Newhook?

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

Farm

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pantagruelist View Post
    I don't like Button's shtick but when he ranked Denisenko as the #2 prospect outside of the NHL he definitely raised my brow.
    Personally, I don't like Button.
    I find that he does this... this *shock value*... of picking one player to hype more than other prospect valuators.
    This is the hockey-analyst version of click-bait.

From my reading & watching of prospects, Denisenko is going to be solid, but I've not seen anything that qualifies him to be as high as Button ranks him.
    I gather that the kids at #4-#10 of the upcoming draft have some really great potential - and it feels to me that they could all pan out better than Denisenko (2018 draft, #15 overall).

My way of saying: I'd prefer the #9/Krebs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pantagruelist View Post
    Tx Luca,

I thought I just responded but maybe I didn't hit the "post" (see what I did there?).

I've been wondering a lot about Caufield. To my eye, his skating is below average despite top 5 mitts and finishing ability. I worry that it keeps him from being an impact player. You think he is worth a shot there in place of guys like Kaliyev, Lavoie, Newhook?
    I haven't read anything about his skating being below average. one report from thepuckauthority
    - Caufield’s skating is another attribute that allows him to play at a high level. He’s agile and always keeps his feet moving to stay away from defenders. Combine that with his great hands and he’s like a little weasel zipping around the ice and you just can’t get your hands around him.

Maybehe doesn't have blistering open ice speed, but everything I've read on him is he's very quick and shifty. At 5'6" he's not going in the 1st round if there's concerns about his skating. He doesn't have the size to compensate for that kind of knock. Being compared to Zucc, Gaudreau, Atkinson... I don't think that happens when skating's an issue.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree with holding Denisenko.
    I think with the extra year holds over Krebs it pubs you in a better position to reap benefits sooner.
    I concur. Densienko passed the eye test with just "decent" numbers in his draft year- but the production has seemed to catch up. He's marinated well wheras Krebs is still very raw. This could be a very different discussion at this time next year but Ill take Denisenko pretty easily right now. Hes also feisty so if your league counts hits/pims hes got that going for him too...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Personally, I don't like Button.
    I find that he does this... this *shock value*... of picking one player to hype more than other prospect valuators.
    This is the hockey-analyst version of click-bait.

From my reading & watching of prospects, Denisenko is going to be solid, but I've not seen anything that qualifies him to be as high as Button ranks him.
    I gather that the kids at #4-#10 of the upcoming draft have some really great potential - and it feels to me that they could all pan out better than Denisenko (2018 draft, #15 overall).

My way of saying: I'd prefer the #9/Krebs.
    Totally. I find Button frusterating when trying to get a bead on prospect value. He also sais it so "matter of factly" that its easy to buy in. That being said I still think Denisenko is in that mix (if not the number two outright).