Thread: Critical Goalie Decision

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Critical Goalie Decision

So I'm in top spot with a slight lead, but the goalie categories are uncomfortably close. I need to choose two of Andersen (CAR, TB, @NYI, @MON), Dubnyk (WPG, BOS, @DAL) and Gibson (CGY, LA) for this last week. Gibson has been outplaying both lately but the Ducks only have two games.

So having said that, I could also go with one of the available options on waivers:

Mrazek (@TOR, NJ, @PHI)
    Grubauer (@STL, EDM, WPG, @SJ)
    Khudobin (PHI, @CHI, MIN)
    Hart (@DAL, @STL, CAR)

Basically I'm 0.01 ahead in GAA, I'm virtually tied with someone in SV%, and there's three of us tied with the same number of wins. Losing a spot in each of those could come close to losing me my lead, so any thoughts on who to run with this week is very much appreciated.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Critical Goalie Decision

Andersen has been sub-par as of late and they plan on resting him down the stretch so I don't know how many of those games he will even play. Im sure he will get some action but at this point I wouldn't expect him to play any more than 2 of those four games. I'd probably bench him and go with the other two.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I would go with Grubauer and Khudobin (hoping Bishop is out for a few more games).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think I would go with Grubauer and Khudobin (hoping Bishop is our for a few more games.
    I agree with this.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would grab grubauer. Carolina will have mrazek see maybe 2 of the games. So I would go with grubauer and gibson. Wild will see what they have in the pipeline over the new few games now that they're done
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa