Thread: Ilya Konovalov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Ilya Konovalov

Wow.

Incredibly dominant G in the KHL this year as an undrafted 20 year old.
    45 starts, which is a lot by KHL standards.
    25 wins, 1.89/.930, 10 SHO (!!!)
    Shesterkin had 10 shutouts, Sorokin 11. This guy is the 3rd best G in the KHL.

Havent seen him play but the numbers are ridiculous and I am taking notice. Anyone have any insight on this guy? Next Sorokin? Next Bob even?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ilya Konovalov

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Wow.

Incredibly dominant G in the KHL this year as an undrafted 20 year old.
    45 starts, which is a lot by KHL standards.
    25 wins, 1.89/.930, 10 SHO (!!!)
    Shesterkin had 10 shutouts, Sorokin 11. This guy is the 3rd best G in the KHL.

Havent seen him play but the numbers are ridiculous and I am taking notice. Anyone have any insight on this guy? Next Sorokin? Next Bob even?
    Not sure where you got 3rd best goalie in the KHL but he was top 10 at least.

Not as good as Bob or Sorokin but definitely deserves to be drafted in the summer. I created his profile at DobberProspects a month or two ago: https://dobberprospects.com/player/ilya-konovalov/

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Not sure where you got 3rd best goalie in the KHL but he was top 10 at least.

Not as good as Bob or Sorokin but definitely deserves to be drafted in the summer. I created his profile at DobberProspects a month or two ago: https://dobberprospects.com/player/ilya-konovalov/
    Yes, J-P always has the goods. Third best fantasy prospect G in the KHL is what I meant, sorry.
    I'm definitely not sleeping here.

Administrator

Have heard a few prospect watchers touting him. He's #5 on Central Scouting's European Goalie rankings so he's definitely on the radar. I am curious what clauses he may have in his KHL contract because he is signed until 2021. If he could come over sooner I'd be more intrigued because at 20 with successful pro experience he'd be a lot more likely to make a sooner impact than an 18-year-old with only junior experience.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Have heard a few prospect watchers touting him. He's #5 on Central Scouting's European Goalie rankings so he's definitely on the radar. I am curious what clauses he may have in his KHL contract because he is signed until 2021. If he could come over sooner I'd be more intrigued because at 20 with successful pro experience he'd be a lot more likely to make a sooner impact than an 18-year-old with only junior experience.
    He'll be turning 23 when that contract expires. That's not bad for a goalie. It's not like the younger goalies would make any kind of an impact before that time either. They're likely looking at 2024-2025 season at best.