Thread: E. Karlsson worth targeting for next season ?, For Barkov, Benn etc.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default E. Karlsson worth targeting for next season ?, For Barkov, Benn etc.

Would consider trading Barkov, Benn, Tarasenko or some combination for Karlsson. Or better to keep Barkov and redraft Ghost next season. Roster in sig, keep 7

Thanks!
    Yahoo 10 GM Keeper league (keep 7)
    G=3pts, A=2pt, (PIM,PPP,+/-)= 0.25 W=4pts, Svs=0.05, SO=2pts

Roster
    C: Scheifele, Seguin, Barkov, Couturier, Pettersson, D.Strome
    LW: Benn, Karlsson, Guentzel, Schenn, DeBrusk
    RW: Rantanen, Tarasenko, Draisaitl
    D: Gostisbehere, Barrie, McAvoy, Weber, Pulock
    G: Jones, Grubauer, Smith, Crawford, Luongo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: E. Karlsson worth targeting for next season ?, For Barkov, Benn etc.

Don’t trade Barkov. He’s a 90+ point player and only 23 years old.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: E. Karlsson worth targeting for next season ?, For Barkov, Benn etc.

Karlsson concerns me. I moved him out when he got traded to SJ. EK's slender frame might be a liability that is now evident with the repeated injuries. Lot of risk there despite the magnificent history.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd hang onto Barkov, but if you can get EK for some kind of combination of Benn or Tank and another piece, I'd strongly consider it.

Despite his slow start, EK still managed 45 points in 52 games... Sure the injury risk is there, but I'd say no more than any other player. The list of Dmen who can put up 60+ a season is small, but you'll be able to find 70 point forwards like Tank & Benn all day.

Big Daddy

Don't trade away Barkov. Erik Karlsson should be a buy low candidate so I'd be trying to get him without moving Benn or Tarasenko but that is likely wishful thinking. Still worth a shot though.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the feedback guys!

You've convinced me to give Barkov the benefit of the doubt, on whether he can repeat upon his big improvement this season. I like to sell high, but maybe this is not one of these times.
    Yahoo 10 GM Keeper league (keep 7)
    G=3pts, A=2pt, (PIM,PPP,+/-)= 0.25 W=4pts, Svs=0.05, SO=2pts

Roster
    C: Scheifele, Seguin, Barkov, Couturier, Pettersson, D.Strome
    LW: Benn, Karlsson, Guentzel, Schenn, DeBrusk
    RW: Rantanen, Tarasenko, Draisaitl
    D: Gostisbehere, Barrie, McAvoy, Weber, Pulock
    G: Jones, Grubauer, Smith, Crawford, Luongo

Dobber Sports Veteran

Barkov should be on your non-trade list As DusterDave said, Karlsson is a buy low candidate and that should help you get him cheaper. Benn concerns me especially in a leagues that doesnt count hits/blocks and faceoffs(help with some FOs from the wing). His point total dropped drasticlly and seems like the team is playing defencive minded game...if that continues, Benn is 65 points player at best. I would trade him for Karlsson in this format.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Barkov should be on your non-trade list As DusterDave said, Karlsson is a buy low candidate and that should help you get him cheaper. Benn concerns me especially in a leagues that doesnt count hits/blocks and faceoffs(help with some FOs from the wing). His point total dropped drasticlly and seems like the team is playing defencive minded game...if that continues, Benn is 65 points player at best. I would trade him for Karlsson in this format.
    ^This. If you could get Karlsson for a Benn package I would do that without hesitation. If Karlsson returns to himself or close to himself this would be a major coup for yourself.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th