Thread: keeper Barkov or Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default keeper Barkov or Hall

my other 2 keepers are P.Kane & Mack theres 4 wing spots and 2 center spots so leaning towards Hall as i already keeping mack tough call to make cant trade any of them as our season ended and we cant trade in off season

settings are G/A/PPP/+/-/SHP/Shots

Big Daddy

Default Re: keeper Barkov or Hall

Barkov regardless of position.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

is he that much better then hall tho ? premium on wingers

Dobber Sports Monster

Offensive talent wise, pretty similar. Barkov has recency bias on his side but we know Hall has 95+ point pace upside. So with the W premium that would give Hall the edge. But the other huge variable is health - do you want to take the risk with Hall? If yes then Hall, if no then Barkov (who has an injury history but hasn't been on the shelf most of this season like Hall).

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ya thats another problem both are injury prone hall more so its a tough one barkovs got the age too

Dobber Sports Sage

I think a healthy, motivated, and 82 game playing Hall is more valuable in your league than barkov given their positions.

But that's too many asks of Hall at this point in my opinion. I'm not concerned about barkov injuries or motivation like I am halls. He also logs the 3rd most minutes in the NHL which I love. Behind only mcdavid and drai as the oilers ride their horses right into the dust. Barkov for me.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks for your help keep it coming

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I'd keep Hall and Barkov and let PKane go simply based on age. Fantasy GMs are blinded once they see a 3 in front of players age and now that Patty Kane has reached that decisive 30+ age group, his value will go down in drafts.

Don't get me wrong, I see great value still in Patty Kane as I am not normally blinded by age, but A LOT of GMs are.

No matter who you go with, you are going to lose an excellent player. If you think losing Kane is a choice you aren't willing to make at this point, I'd probably go with Barkov over Hall by the slimmest of margins but if this was me, I'd let Kane go and look to re-draft him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by daniele View Post
    ya thats another problem both are injury prone hall more so its a tough one barkovs got the age too
    I would say it's well past time time to put the injury stigma of Barkov behind us. This is going on two full seasons without any significant time missed and his production has been climbing steadily. He just had bad luck early in his career and it caused fantasy GMs to undervalue him.

Hall has a more extensive injury record and we're seeing the brunt of it again right now. When the moon and stars align perfectly for Hall he can be a 90+ point guy but it's a gamble I'm not sure I want to take. Same with a guy like Malkin. PPG+ when healthy but keep an IR spot warm for him and cross your fingers he's in the lineup come playoff time. The older these guys get the worse it'll get whereas Barkov is still relatively young and resilient.

On a somewhat related note it might be the last chance to kick tires on Auston Matthews in case there are Barkov-style injury concerns still lingering with his owners
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ya i cant let kane go i have last pick in next years draft because i won this year so i think im gonna let hall go i dont want to but seems like everyone is in on barkov over hall i just wish barky shot more but that could change last year he put good shots on net this year not so much

Dobber Sports Prodigy

so for sure no one for Hall ?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by daniele View Post
    so for sure no one for Hall ?
    Like I said earlier I think a healthy, motivated, 82 game playing Hall is more valuable than barkov in your league given positions. If you think hes motivated to play in new jersey next year and plays 82 games then keep him over barkov.

I can't get there myself but I can get close and reasonably see someone getting there. We are only one season removed from a 93 point MVP season, he's not a wrong choice but he probably comes with more risk.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

More risk, but more reward with Hall.

But the risk of Hall is greater than the reward over Barkov.

I would probably keep Barkov, but you need to be okay with Hall outperforming him and not letting it bother you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

okay