Thread: Branstrom V Boqvist

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Branstrom V Boqvist

Who is the better prospect in a multi category league i like Branstrom and Boqvist Stats are
    GP,G,A,+/-,PIM,SOG,PPP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    i want to draft a young Def in my draft there are alot of them available so i want to get the best one available others that are there are....

Jokiharju
    Clague
    Dobson
    Fox
    Merkley
    Ty Smith

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Branstrom V Boqvist

I would rather Brannstrom, then Boqvist, then Ty Smith.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess it depends on what you really want to focus on. It's hard to guage multi-cat type Dmen as prospects because few leagues record stats like hits and blocks. I do know from watching him play a lot that Dobson is a solid 2-way Dman who isn't afraid to get in front of shots and throws his weight around well in the Jrs. The issue I see is that most of the ones you have listed here are all more offensively gifted than being known for their defensive end of the play if you know what I mean.

Personally, for offensive, I like Fox the most from the group. There's also a bit of unknown around Fox, seeing as he's pretty much stated he's going back to college and will become a UFA when he is done his schooling so we really don't know where he will end up. That could be a good thing, or a bad thing. It all depends on the team he chooses to sign with. The others listed are all behind someone else (I am pretty sure most of these guys are discussed in a couple other recent threads that you could search for when it comes to more details there. In fact, one of the more recent was started by you). The one kid who seems to have the best opportunity to shine is Ty Smith in NJ.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I missed Dobson in that group, he's definitely up there on my list as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would rather Brannstrom, then Boqvist, then Ty Smith.
    I know that Brannstrom is the hightest ranked Dman is it because of is defense because his offensive numbers do not seem to be that great

Dobber Sports Titan

Do you mean his 0 points in 2 NHL games? Because his AHL pace is at the developmental pace of a future 70 point defenceman.

- - - Updated - - -

His offence is way above most other prospects, and that's why he's rated highly.

no i was looking at his AHL stats not the 2 games in the NHL 32 points in 49 gams in the AHL, I sometimes get blurry eyed when looking at some of the guys in the OHL and the points they score and that why im looking at guys like you to clear them up lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, 32 points in 49 games doesn't stand out like the numbers in junior do. But as young as Brannstrom is, putting up three points every four games or so is quite the standout.

Give me Brannstrom here.

Dobber Sports Pro

I understand the love for Brannstrom and he's a year older so you're seeing what he can do in the AHL, which is important intel. That said, I'd swing for the seats and go for Boqvist. He has all the tools that Brannstrom does, plus he's a right-handed shot, he doesn't have a guy like Chabot ahead of him, and he has a cannon. Now the latter is not as important as it used to be, but so many of the new age puck moving defensemen don't have this weapon. That shot enables more flexibility with his deployment on the PP.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Brannstrom for me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Boqvist
    Brannstrom
    Fox
    Ty Smith
    Merkley*
    Clague

I prefer Boqvist a bit more here... I think he'll have best opportunity to succeed in Chicago.
    I don't think there's huge separation in this group... any of top five could emerge as best, but I'd prefer Boqvist.
    *Merkley could jump two spots here if SJ doesn't re-sign Karlsson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Henri Jokiharju stats this year:

38 GP - 12 Pts, 16PIM, 48Hits, 37BLKS, 62SOG

not bad imo, that relates to about 82-100hits, 82-100blks, 140-150SOG and maybe 40-50pim over a full 82 year season? Plus those are based of 1 rookie season.

Assuming he progresses, he could become a great multi-cat stud and if he gets PPP time the Points will also follow

Career Skating
    Season Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM Hits Blk PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG S S% FOW FOL FO% TOI
    2018-19 CHI 38 0 12 12 -7 16 48 37
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

thank you everyone for all your awsum input

Big Daddy

Brannstrom. He doesn’t have many hurdles in front of him in Ottawa. Who knows, maybe he’ll give Chabot a run for his money.