Thread: James Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default James Reimer

I know that he has not played this month, and is clearly the Panthers #3 goalie right now. I also know he dressed in at least one game as the backup. However, this is causing me a roster pinch. I've been working around this by dressing one less playing skater on nights where I have another goalie I want to get in my lineup, but it's becoming a problem with him getting literally no games.

He's on my active roster, and I have to have 2 active goalies daily, and am in a semifinal matchup in a very deep 12 team dynasty league. He would be subject to waivers if I demote him before the season ends, due to his contract being over $2 million, and would have to be placed on a team's active roster. Since only 4 teams are left, anyone eliminated could simply claim him for future seasons with no repercussions this year. I claimed him off waivers earlier this year to help fix my goalies, so you know my goaltending depth is not good. The best goalie on waivers, excluding deep prospects, is likely Neuvirth, whom I just cut because he's not helping me this year for sure, and I think he's out of the league next year. The guys who've played gamed not named Murray & Sparks (who I inherited taking the team over) are from me trying to patch things together.

Categories are GAA, SV%, Wins, Shutouts. Roster is:

PIT Murray, Matt
    FLA Reimer, James

CHI Delia, Collin
    PHI Lyon, Alex
    CAR McElhinney, Curtis
    CBJ Merzlikins, Elvis
    OTT Nilsson, Anders
    NYR Shesterkin, Igor
    TOR Sparks, Garret
    MIN Stalock, Alex

Do you guys agree Reimer is on a NHL roster next year?

More importantly, should I expose him to waivers to move McElhinney up? Nilsson would cause the same roster shuffle dilemma for me, but if I bring up McE, I could move him, Sparks & Stalock up & down as needed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: James Reimer

My perspective is that your question is not the important factor her. The important factor is - Do you want to win the league this year? Are you in a position to win this year?

If you are, then I would not care about Reimer being on a roster next year or not. I would drop him and bring McElhinney up and go for the win this year.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Reimer is not valuable enough to be sacrificing a title just to keep him on the roster. I'd say McElhinney is worth a lot more than he is ATM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with the others. Even in a goalie starved league, Reimer isn't worth a huge amount. He probably will be backup/platoon again next year, but that's worth giving up to upgrade to McElhinney and go for the win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

You can't see the forest for the trees. You have wasted enough man games holding him already. THROW HIM OVERBOARD!!

Start at 0:26 if it doesn't automatically.
    Last edited by Moses; March 25, 2019 at 4:56 PM. Reason: video clip
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Genius

FLA coach Bob Boughner says Roberto Luongo will back up Sam Montembeault tonight in TOR, but start tomorrow in MON (Elliotte Friedman)...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think reimer gets bought out in the off season and signs as a backup for a team next year. I think Lou will retire and FLA will sign Bob and keep Montembeault as the backup.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I wasn't expecting to remotely contend this year, as the team was not good, and I was in 10th of 12 at one pint, when I tried to sell players off, and couldn't get decent offers - so I figured I'd simply keep plugging away. The #1 team has been a behemoth this year, but luckily I am not facing him this week.

I acquired McElhinney at the deadline, which was after the NHL deadline, and honestly haven't had a major issue dancing around Reimer on my active roster, but was trying to get ahead of things, because I've been living on borrowed time this month.

That all makes sense, and will likely make the move as soon as I need to do so. Tonight, I just have Murray going, so it's no issue. I guess the schedule will determine his replacement.

I did see the Panthers statement about Montembault/Luongo splitting the back to back, I guess there's a chance Reimer may dress tomorrow with Montembault playing so poorly versus Toronto.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

This close to dropping Reimer from my dynasty league. I'm losing confidence that he will ever be useful again.

Dobber Sports Genius

stevegamer - I sure hope you weren't seduced into starting Reimer tonight!!! 3 goals on 6 shots then yanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    stevegamer - I sure hope you weren't seduced into starting Reimer tonight!!! 3 goals on 6 shots then yanked.
    I wasn't seduced, but got the stats, because I hadn't demoted him yet. I have now, as he flipped me into losing GAA.

I was helping someone move, and there was a showing, so we had to move it later, then the guy with the truck didn't show up, and ... you get the idea. Basically a bunch of stuff got moved to the garage for easy pickup later.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Basically a bunch of stuff got moved to the garage for easy pickup later.
    Does that include Reimer himself?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust