Thread: This is what we live for!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default This is what we live for!

I just wanted to share what happened in my fantasy championship today and thank the dobber community for their continued insight! Today really exemplified the thrill of fantasy hockey for me and thought you might enjoy it as well.

Today was last day of the championship finals. I was facing the top ranked team (I was third) and I was behind on the scoreboard. The other was winning this morning by a score of 8 - 4. I knew it was close in some categories, but it was a tough hill to climb. For further context, the other GM had 1 FA add available for the week, while I had 3.

The stats to start the day were as follows:

Me: 14 G, 30 A, +10, 30 PIM, 17 PPP, 119 SOG, 164 FW, 51 HIT, 25 BLK, 1 W, 3.09 GAA, 0.894 SV%, 0 SHO
    Him: 10 G, 12 A, -9, 33 PIM, 7 PPP, 121 SOG, 178 FW, 75 HIT, 38 BLK, 2 W, 2.52 GAA, 0.924 SV%, 0 SHO

To start the day, the other GM picked up Cizikas, so I could tell he was trying to chase FW for the most part and he was out of FA adds. I waited it out a bit to see what my approach would be, but decided to chase some FW as well to keep things interesting. I decided on Stepan, and although he wasn't the best choice, I thought I'd give it a shot since he is typically decent at faceoffs and SOG. There were better players I could have waited for instead of making this rushed decision, but it's okay.

My first big decision was: do I start Kuemper and whichever NYI goalie is starting and guarantee myself at least 1 win, or do I pick up a different goalie and try to go for the two wins?
    With a little suggestion from DusterDave, I decided to start the two goalies I had and save up my FA adds for skaters.
    Boom! Shut out for Lehner in a low scoring game. Couldn't have asked for anything else.

My next decision was: Which skaters do I add and what categories should I chase?
    At this point, the other GM is winning 7 - 5. I still have 2 FA adds left and the stats were as follows:

Me: 14 G, 30 A, +7, 30 PIM, 17 PPP, 124 SOG, 181 FW, 51 HIT, 31 BLK, 2 W, 2.54 GAA, 0.912 SV%, 1 SHO
    Him: 11 G, 12 A, -9, 35 PIM, 7 PPP, 128 SOG, 199 FW, 91 HIT, 40 BLK, 2 W, 2.52 GAA, 0.924 SV%, 0 SHO

Players that we each had left to play were as follows
    Me: Pettersson, Horvat, Domi, PLD, Neiderreter, Edler
    Him: MacKinnon, Jenner, Shaw

I decided to jump on his MacKinnon and pick up his two linemates; Compher and Kerfoot. They provided the possibility of SOG, FW, and maybe PIM or BLK if I got a little lucky. This move paid off. Both were great additions. Other guys I was considering were E. Johnson, Jost, J. Williams, Biega, Savard, N. Thompson, Beagle, Saad, and Zadorov (I dont know how I forgot about Danault), but I am very happy with who I picked up.

In the end, it came down to 2 FW. Since he is first seed, he would have won if we tied. The final score was 7 - 5 for me.

Final stats were:
    Me: 16 G, 31 A, +/- 0, 30 PIM, 18 PPP, 141 SOG, 213 FW, 62 HIT, 37 BLK, 2 W, 2.54 GAA, 0.912 SV%, 1 SHO
    Him: 11 W, 14 A, -8, 35 PIM, 8 PPP, 133 SOG, 212 FW, 97 HIT, 42 BLK, 2 W, 2.52 GAA, 0.924 SV%, 0 SHO

Literally everything fell into place for me today. You can bet I spent all day scoreboard watching instead of being productive, but what a thrill it was! Feels good to get that championship and wanted to share that with you!

Cheers!
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: This is what we live for!

Great job man!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: This is what we live for!

Nice job man! It's days like today that you'll remember for a longggggg time.