Thread: Are there many back-to-back games for teams during the SC PlayOffs??

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Are there many back-to-back games for teams during the SC PlayOffs??

Hi Guys.

We are starting a non draft SC pool with goalies and am curious if teams have many/any BTB games which could affect our IRing of goalies.
    I can't remember from previous years. Thanks for any replies. Appreciate your help.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Administrator

Default Re: Are there many back-to-back games for teams during the SC PlayOffs??

I don't really understand the question but B2Bs are rare during playoffs. They do happen though, usually due to arena availability (concerts, NBA playoffs, etc)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Are there many back-to-back games for teams during the SC PlayOffs??

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't really understand the question but B2Bs are rare during playoffs. They do happen though, usually due to arena availability (concerts, NBA playoffs, etc)
    Thanks eric. You may not have understood the poorly phrased question but you answered it perfectly Thanks.
    I was mainly wondering if teams might have BTB's in the Play Offs.
    My concern is how we are going deal with an Injured goalie in a BTB situation and how we are going to IR them. But that's up to we who are setting the pool up to figure out and prepare for.

And sorry, this is a new Pool not related to the Pool in my signature.

Thanks again.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think I have ever seen an IR system for a playoff pool, but every league is different.

I would say you might see two total in the first round, and maybe three or four overall, so likely not something that you have to worry much about. The Islanders, Predators, Blues, and maybe the Avalanche if they make it, may split starts around a back to back, but I would expect every other team to ride their starter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen an IR system for a playoff pool, but every league is different.

I would say you might see two total in the first round, and maybe three or four overall, so likely not something that you have to worry much about. The Islanders, Predators, Blues, and maybe the Avalanche if they make it, may split starts around a back to back, but I would expect every other team to ride their starter.
    Thanks EB. A bunch of us have been in a regular season non-draft pool 30+ years. But never had a Play Off Pool. So this is our 1st one and wanted it to different than the norm.

For 30+ years I've been in a PlayOff draft pool (cash entry/20 teams/11 players per team) and it is fun if you have some players on your team get to the finals.
    More often than not, if you guess wrong on teams/players, you are out early, it's boring and a waste of time, effort and $$$.

So in this NEW SC Pool, our hope is to keep several teams in the hunt into the Finals. Not only are we going to have an IR but each team is going to have 14 "SWAPS".

The IR RULE is...if one of my players is hurt, once he misses a game I can replace him with another positionally appropriate (11F, 3 D, 1 G) player from his team. Once my injured player returns I can put him back on my Roster.
    The "SWAPS" rule is...we get 14. Whenever you want, drop any player off your Roster and replace him with another positionally appropriate player from any team in the PlayOffs.
    Yes, the guy taking care of all the SWAPS, IR's is going to be busy.

We really have no idea how this is going to work out. With decent original player selection...and proper use of "IR" and "SWAPS", the hope is many of the 12 (so far) teams entered should be in the hunt when the Finals roll around.

Although there is a cash entry, primarily it's for fun and keeps us mostly old geezers following the PlayOffs.

What do you think of the format? Sorry, couldn't REP you.

EDIT: Sorry, the POOL RULES in my sig are not for this new pool.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Thanks EB. A bunch of us have been in a regular season non-draft pool 30+ years. But never had a Play Off Pool. So this is our 1st one and wanted it to different than the norm.

For 30+ years I've been in a PlayOff draft pool (cash entry/20 teams/11 players per team) and it is fun if you have some players on your team get to the finals.
    More often than not, if you guess wrong on teams/players, you are out early, it's boring and a waste of time, effort and $$$.

So in this NEW SC Pool, our hope is to keep several teams in the hunt into the Finals. Not only are we going to have an IR but each team is going to have 14 "SWAPS".

The IR RULE is...if one of my players is hurt, once he misses a game I can replace him with another positionally appropriate (11F, 3 D, 1 G) player from his team. Once my injured player returns I can put him back on my Roster.
    The "SWAPS" rule is...we get 14. Whenever you want, drop any player off your Roster and replace him with another positionally appropriate player from any team in the PlayOffs.
    Yes, the guy taking care of all the SWAPS, IR's is going to be busy.

We really have no idea how this is going to work out. With decent original player selection...and proper use of "IR" and "SWAPS", the hope is many of the 12 (so far) teams entered should be in the hunt when the Finals roll around.

Although there is a cash entry, primarily it's for fun and keeps us mostly old geezers following the PlayOffs.

What do you think of the format? Sorry, couldn't REP you.

EDIT: Sorry, the POOL RULES in my sig are not for this new pool.
    Makes sense as far as keeping as many teams in it for as long as possible.

I would be inclined to restrict swaps to the end of each round. i.e. draft, then swap after each round is completed. This will still allow teams to stay in it longer but also create some sense of order. I would probably dump the IR rule altogether. You pick a guy and he gets hurt that is unfortunate but the playoffs are so short that it's unnecessary. You can always make the swap after the round is over if necessary.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Makes sense as far as keeping as many teams in it for as long as possible.

I would be inclined to restrict swaps to the end of each round. i.e. draft, then swap after each round is completed. This will still allow teams to stay in it longer but also create some sense of order. I would probably dump the IR rule altogether. You pick a guy and he gets hurt that is unfortunate but the playoffs are so short that it's unnecessary. You can always make the swap after the round is over if necessary.
    Thanks LawMan for your thoughts.
    It's actually a non draft pool. It would take us old geezers 16 years to have an online draft lol. Worse than herding cats with participants from Florida, Texas, BC. We do have a restricted list of high scoring players that we are NOT allowed to put on our teams. This makes for a bit of diversity with original rosters but we expect many teams will be very similar at the start and hopefully quite different by the finals.

We have the same IR Rule in our Regular Season Pool. Works well. Guys are comfortable with it so we are just going to do what we've been doing. This is our 1st SC pool. We will see how things work out and change next year if need be.

SWAPS...ya, my co-admin suggested, as you did...at end of round. My argument was...we get 14 SWAPS for the PlayOffs and does it matter when participants use them up. I, and I'm sure most in the pool will wait to the end of a series before doing a SWAP or 2.

Thanks again for your thoughts LawMan. Really appreciate you taking the time to post.