Thread: A fun Thursday! The who to start predicament; Fighting for 1st.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question A fun Thursday! The who to start predicament; Fighting for 1st.

Hello all,

Any and all input is appreciated.

I'm on the fence on whom to start this evening and tonight could very easily make or break the finals so i need some opinions!! These match-ups are tough to gauge!!

Who i have starting now;

Centers- Crosby & Scheifele, both seem like no brainers but their match-ups have me nervous as they're all contenders and both Vegas and Nashville have been looking pretty solid this past week, not that it means much but both are on 3 game winning streaks.

RW- Kucherov & Lindholm- The real question with my wingers is Lindholm OR Rantanen. My gut says Lindholm. But the thought of sitting Scheifele, moving Lindholm to C, and starting Rantanen has crossed my mind. The Colorado/Dallas matchup is another that worries me. The Aves aren't quite out of the running yet and if they come out hungry and playing like they did earlier in the season i could see them making the cut. Thats a big IF though especialyl with the Landeskog injury.

LW- Domi & Huberdeau- Keep Panarin on the bench? Normally thats hard for me to do especially since the CBJ are fighting to keep their spot but he's been ice cold and my other 2 options have been HOT. Again the thought of moving Domi to C and sitting Scheifele has crossed my mind.

I'm currently losing 5 to 6 but nearly every category is VERY close with one exception. I'm already down 20 FW on the week so I'm ready to chalk that CAT up to a loss and focus elsewhere.

On top of all that; I'm also thinking about dropping Chiarot or Cernak and picking up a defenseman from one of the teams who have 3 remaining games, which are;Arizona, Carolina,Chicago,Colorado,Montreal,New York Isles& Philadelphia. Only have 1 add left for this week though so i need to use it wisely.

Thanks in advance.
    12 Team - Keep 3 (1- Forward / 1- Defense / 1- Goalie / Cannot keep round 1 and 2 picks Cannot trade 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hits ,Blks | Goalie; W, L , GAA , SV% , SHO

C - Horvat / Tavares
    LW - Toffoli / Nugent Hopkins / Haula /Hagel
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    D - Makar / Barrie / McNabb / Forsling / Sergachev
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: A fun Thursday! The who to start predicament; Fighting for 1st.

C - Crosby, Scheifele
    RW - Kuch, Lindholm
    LW - Hubs, Panarin (playing the leaky Oilers so should be all over the scoresheet here.)

Bench Domi- PLaying the best defensive team in the league I smell a 2-1 game here
    No Salary Cap,10 Teams, 5 Keepers per year, Head 2 Head
    Team Per Night, change players every night: 3C,3LW,3RW,4D,3 UTIL, 4BN,2G
    Scoring Cats: G,A,+/-,Special Team Pts ,HIT,DEF PTS, W,SVS,GAA,SV%

C - Larkin, Ry Jo, Couture, Dubois
    LW- Panarin, Pacioretty, Konency, Rust
    RW- Meier, Oshie, Stone
    D- J. Carlson, Letang, Trouba, Ellis, Sanheim, Martinez, Klefbom
    G- Hart, Keumper, Blackwood

IR - Erik Karlsson, Mikko Rantanen

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dino_2000_22 View Post
    C - Crosby, Scheifele
    RW - Kuch, Lindholm
    LW - Hubs, Panarin (playing the leaky Oilers so should be all over the scoresheet here.)

Bench Domi- PLaying the best defensive team in the league I smell a 2-1 game here
    I would agree with that if it wasn't for the faceoffs. Domi wins faceoffs from the wing, and you mention you're down 20. Crosby can get you 15 on a decent night, Scheifele gets you 10, and then maybe a combined 15 from Domi/Lindholm (being a little conservative there). That's 35 faceoffs, and half the week still to go. If your opponent doesn't have (m)any faceoffs from the wings, it could be a category that you jump back in with. Especially if you use your last add on a guy like Eller who can put you over the top there with his two remaining games (assuming he fits into empty spots in your C scheduling).
    Faceoffs are one of the more predictable stats, and therefore the easiest to figure out how to win. If your opponent has a bunch more games from centres left (more than you) then this is all moot and I would go with Panarin over Domi.

As for adding a defenceman, if you don't go for the FOWs with a F (that hopefully also hits/shoots), find the defenceman with the best /game average total of shots+hits+blks, and grab him. Likely someone like Gudas, Pelech, Petry, or Chychrun, depending on your FA pile.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dino_2000_22 View Post
    C - Crosby, Scheifele
    RW - Kuch, Lindholm

I like this setup as well. It’s a nice problem to have though when you need to choose which solid player to bench out of all the great option as you have available.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sadly its looking like no matter what i do I'm hosed on FOW's. My opponent is stacked, he has Point, MacK, Giroux, Draisaitl, Stammer, and Getzlaf.
    12 Team - Keep 3 (1- Forward / 1- Defense / 1- Goalie / Cannot keep round 1 and 2 picks Cannot trade 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hits ,Blks | Goalie; W, L , GAA , SV% , SHO

C - Horvat / Tavares
    LW - Toffoli / Nugent Hopkins / Haula /Hagel
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    D - Makar / Barrie / McNabb / Forsling / Sergachev
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

See Eskimo above as well about the FOW...IF you can catch back up easy to guesstimate them
    No Salary Cap,10 Teams, 5 Keepers per year, Head 2 Head
    Team Per Night, change players every night: 3C,3LW,3RW,4D,3 UTIL, 4BN,2G
    Scoring Cats: G,A,+/-,Special Team Pts ,HIT,DEF PTS, W,SVS,GAA,SV%

C - Larkin, Ry Jo, Couture, Dubois
    LW- Panarin, Pacioretty, Konency, Rust
    RW- Meier, Oshie, Stone
    D- J. Carlson, Letang, Trouba, Ellis, Sanheim, Martinez, Klefbom
    G- Hart, Keumper, Blackwood

IR - Erik Karlsson, Mikko Rantanen