Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is my league corrupt?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Is my league corrupt?

Speak up. You may be surprised that the silent majority shares your same concerns. If it becomes intolerable and isn’t what you want out of Fantasy Hockey, then walk away. Life’s too short and there are lots of leagues around to join. Find one that fits your morale compass and enjoy.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Initiate

I’m a little confused as to why the OP won’t answer multiple requests for what rule was changed?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I’m a little confused as to why the OP won’t answer multiple requests for what rule was changed?
    Not wanting Tim or Sid seeing this thread.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Hefty Shaman View Post
    It had to do with altering player valuation and protection - rather significant stuff. I don't want to give away more in case any of my fellow poolies read this. Like I said, I have good relations with all and want to keep that.

The big issue for me was reaction to a challenge, and more importantly, the silence of the commissioner.
    Because he's already explained his reasoning?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Rule changes like that should be put to the whole league for discussion and then voted on. I've run many leagues and that'sa always the way it is done.

What you described is ridiculous and I would have left the league immediately myself.
    Well I missed out on this today but I generally agree with this.

Dobber Sports Star

Yes I agree. In my current league, we need a 75 percent majority to change a rule. The voting takes place in the off season and if it passes, the changes take place the following season. If something comes up which they feel need to be addressed mid season, we can change rules but it need to be 100 percent unanimous.

As far as your initial question of "Is my league corrupt?" I would say it is difficult for us to answer that. If it is selfish reasons motivating this, then yes, definitely corrupt. If they genuinely feel as if they are doing what's best for the league, it might not be "corrupt". It is definitely poorly run, however.

In my history of fantasy hockey, there are 3 things that tend to destroy leagues. 1) Corruption. 2) Being poorly run. and 3) Commish or GM inactivity.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think I am going to change my votes to 75% as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah I like the 75% too. Going to suggest it this summer.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

From the information we have, yes I would say your league is corrupt. Rule changes should only be made during the off-season and with at least a majority vote. In the early stages of a league I can understand rule tweaks mid-season, but they still require a vote. The fact that you are afraid to say exactly what the rule change is in this forum, and the fact that you are scared to speak up in your league makes me question why you are in this league at all. What are you afraid of? I probably get insulted weekly in my keeper league, if not daily! If speaking up makes the league crumble, it is a weak, corrupt league. There are many leagues looking for managers. There's a section in this forum for that very purpose.

Unless, of course this is a Rafi Domination League type of thing, in which case just keep quiet.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Star

Ya I think that any changes mid season should be only allowed with a unanimous vote. Also, my league uses SurveyMonkey as the website to handle our votes. All votes are anonymous; You can see who has voted, however you can't ever see how each GM voted. You also can't see the live results of the vote until after the voting time limit has passed, or until after every GM has cast their vote. This way, there is no pressure if you are the last GM to cast a vote, you can't see if your vote is the deciding vote or not. All in all, it's very objective.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Ya I think that any changes mid season should be only allowed with a unanimous vote. Also, my league uses SurveyMonkey as the website to handle our votes. All votes are anonymous; You can see who has voted, however you can't ever see how each GM voted. You also can't see the live results of the vote until after the voting time limit has passed, or until after every GM has cast their vote. This way, there is no pressure if you are the last GM to cast a vote, you can't see if your vote is the deciding vote or not. All in all, it's very objective.

Rylant
    Wow that is a tool I've never thought of. Thanks man

Dobber Sports Wizard

It doesn't matter what the rule change was. If the atmosphere in the league is so bad that people who don't agree with Commish and his friends are being ridiculed, then that's the much larger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Speak up. You may be surprised that the silent majority shares your same concerns. If it becomes intolerable and isn’t what you want out of Fantasy Hockey, then walk away. Life’s too short and there are lots of leagues around to join. Find one that fits your morale compass and enjoy.
    This is exactly what I was going to say as well. If the worst possible outcome for you is that you have to quit a league you're not really enjoying anyways, then so what? Speak up, and if you don't like the way they react to it, then find a better league. So what if they call you names or anything. They're just random idiots on the Internet.

That's much better than the alternative of staying in a bad league where you can't voice your opinions.

Dobber Sports Initiate

All leagues need a clear set of rules for everything from manager conduct to rule changes.

Regardless of how the decisions are made there needs to be some trust in the commissioner that there will be open debate and all.viewpoints considered.

your league doesnt have that commissiomer trust for you so you or it sounds like the majority of managers so its half in the grave already.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Expert

Your Commissioner is useless at best, complicit at worst. Either way, get out of this league. Totally corrupt IMHO.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Master

It is one thing to playfully "insult" fellow GMs when they make a bad deal, or lose a week, or something else like that (it's called having fun), but if the underlying playfulness isn't there, then why stick around?

Tell them to pound sand!!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy