Thread: Elvis Merzļikins

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Elvis Merzļikins

Read an article saying he's considered the best goaltender outside of the NHL. Accurate?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Administrator

Default Re: Elvis Merzļikins

Who knows? Goalies are weird and it's not really possible to compare them across leagues. He's a very good prospect though and he's about to sign his ELC. He could be here by the weekend playing AHL games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, I'm with Eric when it comes to talking about goalies and what they are like in other leagues. You never really know what you have until they get here. Look how long it took Jacob Markstrom to finally look like a capable NHL starter and I remember years ago people talking about him when he was "the best goalie not playing in the NHL".

You never know. He could jump right in and dominate or it could take him 3+ years (at least) before he even becomes fantasy relevant.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

There are definitely better goalies in the KHL. But Elvis is a very good prospect who can very likely play in the NHL very quickly.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I grabbed him to stash. I also have Shesterkin and Demko. But ill be able to hold Elvis hopefully until some more news comes about either him or Shesterkin. I can only afford to carry over 2 goalie prospects to next season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FeenCity View Post
    I grabbed him to stash. I also have Shesterkin and Demko. But ill be able to hold Elvis hopefully until some more news comes about either him or Shesterkin. I can only afford to carry over 2 goalie prospects to next season.
    Well, Demko should be on a NHL roster, so maybe that works for you.

I don't think Elvis is the best goalie prospect outside North America, but he's highly touted, and I'm happy to have him in my super-deep dynasty. He likely does have the best name of any serious goalie prospect outside North America, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.