Thread: Yzerman to Detroit, brings Quenneville with him!

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Yzerman to Detroit, brings Quenneville with him!

So why not right?

I think its rather possible, maybe more than possibly that Steve Yzerman probably has his eyes on getting back in the Detroit office either as GM or some type of capacity. I could see the Wings moving on from Blashill and naming Joel Quenneville the next coach. Detroit will also probably have a top 3 draft pick to work with to partner with Larkin and kids and then a few bucks come off the books this year of some big contracts, maybe they go after Bobvrosky, Karlsson, etc.

I think Detroit can get back on the map in rather quick fashion...

As for Holland, he can land somewhere fast, maybe in Edmonton...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Yzerman to Detroit, brings Quenneville with him!

I wont be one bit surprised to see Stevie Y running the ship in Detroit as early as next year. Coach Q? Hard to say. I have a hard time seeing him want to be the head coach of a rebuilding team but stranger things have happened I suppose. I am pretty sure he's still getting paid next year by Chicago as well but as I say, who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wont be one bit surprised to see Stevie Y running the ship in Detroit as early as next year. Coach Q? Hard to say. I have a hard time seeing him want to be the head coach of a rebuilding team but stranger things have happened I suppose. I am pretty sure he's still getting paid next year by Chicago as well but as I say, who knows.
    Yzerman back to Detroit is gotta be a done thing. You have to think there has been some closed door phone conversations being had somewhere. Everyone is anticipating this. You'd think Edmonton probably kicked the tires on Stevie and was politely turned down, but...maybe not. Maybe...Maybe Edmonton is waiting on naming a GM and acting like they are doing all this" work" ......for Ken Holland to " resign" in Detroit, then snag him to a new 4-year deal, his work ethic and pedigree, should play nice in Edmonton, then 3 days later Detroit names Steve Yzerman Hockey Ops pres / GM....come on, you gotta think this is rather possible...

As for my thought on Quenneville, I think its a good fit for him. Its the midwest, seems he likes the midwest. I don't think Detroit is all that far off from being competitive. I mean yes some work to do, but who better than to have Stevie Y doing the buiding? I think its very enticing for Quenneville to go there

Hey, we shall see, but I am going with this all "Imagined" all-in 100%

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie, as an Oilers fan, I am not sure I want Kenny Holland in there running the ship but it wouldn't shock me if he ends up there either.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

I would love to have Stevie back where he belongs whether it is GM or President of Hockey Operations. Blashill, however they are looking to extend his contract. I would prefer Quenneville. I have been a Wings fan for almost 60 years and I have seen it all.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Coach Q ends up in Philly, as has been long rumoured.

Alain Vigneault is another really good coach looking for a job. Either in Det. would be great.

Also rumoured is Kreuger wanting to come back to coach. He might be a better fit in Det with a young team.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie, I'd have no issues with Ralph Krueger back in Edmonton but I doubt he'd want to go back there.

Administrator

Yzerman to Detroit kind of writes itself.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well this would be fun. I think Yzerman is a guarantee at this point. Coach Q would be great. Can either of them help them stop winning games right now though????