Thread: Kuemper or Bob this week?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Kuemper or Bob this week?

Hey, guys. Use Goalie Post religiously during the season and am struggling with my goalie for league championship week and figured I'd ask those smarter than me.

Kuemper vs. Bob. Weekly scoring. 0.1 points per save, -0.25 points per goal allowed. 2 points per win, 3 additional points if it's a shutout.

ARZ: @TB tonight, @FLA Thursday, @NJ/@NYI Saturday/Sunday
    CBJ: @CGY Tuesday, @EDM Thursday, @VAN Sunday

Might Bob be rested one of those three games that I'd only get two starts? OTOH, is there any hope of Kuemper getting all four starts? And if not, how good is a start against Tampa anyway? Both are in "make the playoffs" mode, so at least I have that going for me.

Of potential relevance: I feel like I am favored. He has two Blue Jackets (Atkinson, Werenski) so I'm tempted to go Bob to guard against them going off, but is that worth worrying about on a 12-man team (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 1 G)?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kuemper or Bob this week?

Welcome to the forums!

I would run Kuemper. They should produce some similar stats, so the extra game (or two) from Kuemper makes the difference.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I would run Kuemper. They should produce some similar stats, so the extra game (or two) from Kuemper makes the difference.
    I agree. As much as Bobrovsky ramps his game up for the second half, I might go with Kuemper this week because he's been very reliable and has a scheduling advantage.

If you're allowed to start two goalies in your league, I'd be interested in who your other goalies are. Seems to me that both are decent options this week.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Recruit

Just the one starting goalie, unfortunately. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 1 G, 4 bench. I almost always take a goalie with the most games that week but wanted a sanity check given how difficult Arizona's schedule is and the fact that Kuemper is overdue a break (and since they're up on Minnesota they may give him one).