Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does your team need this weekend?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default What does your team need this weekend?

Everyone is starting their own thread so thought I'd let everyone pile on in here. What do you need going into this critical weekend with a ton of games???

In my keeper league I am in one of the tightest matchups I've ever had. We've been switching all week. I got a shutout early. He got one Friday. Really hurt me that Jones didn't beat Florida Thurs and Markstrom blew a lead vs NJ on Friday.

Currently tied 4-4

Goals = 13-11 me
    A = 16-25 him
    PPP= 10-8 me
    SOG= 99-101 him
    Hits=72-43 me

W=3-4 him
    GAA= 1.98 - 2.01 me
    SV%= .932 - .943 him
    SO = 1-1

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: What does your team need this weekend?

Im playing the Braham Pietasters in the WHL in the first week of playoffs.. 1-8 seed im the 8,

you ask what i need?? A Lehner shutout and Sparks to get blown out today. also I need a friggin miracle...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Padawan

I just need my team to keep doing what they've been doing. League in sig, currently in the second round against the 6th seed leading 153.6 - 96.2, which is a good lead. The second round and the finals are two weeks long though and I got screwed in the second round last year after being ahead in the first week.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Sage

My team has all but locked up the win this week. What we need are healthy defensmen for next week, namely Karlsson and/or Krug. Unfortunately it's not looking good for either.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

I have not lost a match yet this season. I have never had an undefeated season in any fantasy sport and I have been playing for 30 years. [Knock wood] I should be enjoying the bye week. But I am actually really stressed sitting here watching. The #6 seed is beating the #3 seed in my side of the bracket. Wiping him actually. He will stream the shit out of his lineup next week against me.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I have not lost a match yet this season. I have never had an undefeated season in any fantasy sport and I have been playing for 30 years. [Knock wood] I should be enjoying the bye week. But I am actually really stressed sitting here watching. The #6 seed is beating the #4 seed in my side of the bracket. Wiping him actually. He will stream the shit out of his lineup next week against me.
    The dreaded underdog that has nothing to lose and can serial stream. You either blow them out or it's way too close for comfort all week and could go either way come Sunday. I wish you better success than the 2007 patriots.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    The dreaded underdog that has nothing to lose and can serial stream. You either blow them out or it's way too close for comfort all week and could go either way come Sunday. I wish you better success than the 2007 patriots.
    There is a silver lining, however. I traded for the #3 seed's 1st round pick with some crafty dealing early in the season. The pick will now be the 5th pick so I am assured of getting Cozens or Dach.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So much for the close goalie matchup I had. Thanks Matt Murray.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So much for the close goalie matchup I had. Thanks Matt Murray.
    One man's tragedy is another's comedy/treasure! Exactly what I needed. Penguins loss coupled with blanks on the PP. See you on the ice tomorrow Letang! Help me close out this week.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

A lot of very specific things. I have four H2H matchups that are currently either tied, or within one category flip of me winning/losing. If I'm going town all four, it will have to be some pretty specific people getting shots/FOWs/hits/etc, as it seems everyone I have on one team is then against my next team.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    A lot of very specific things. I have four H2H matchups that are currently either tied, or within one category flip of me winning/losing. If I'm going town all four, it will have to be some pretty specific people getting shots/FOWs/hits/etc, as it seems everyone I have on one team is then against my next team.
    I am finding the same thing! My leagues are incredibly close!

Right now I really need a Jones win tonight. So put your money on Nashville.

Dobber Sports Titan

I need a Dubnyk win in one league, while in another I need him to be scored on at least once, and preferably not win. GAH.
    This is the worst part about H2H.

The sad thing is, most of these matchups are going to come down to a couple hits or saves either way. It's not about goals/assists/etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

I need a Dubnyk win in one league, while in another I need him to be scored on at least once, and preferably not win. GAH.
    This is the worst part about H2H.

The sad thing is, most of these matchups are going to come down to a couple hits or saves either way. It's not about goals/assists/etc.
    Very true. I have never joined a H2H points league but I feel like that would be the most fair.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Very true. I have never joined a H2H points league but I feel like that would be the most fair.
    I don't find them all that fun really. It just ends up being people chasing whatever stat got overvalued in the setup of the league. Be it hits, goalie saves, etc. H2H at least you have some semblance of strategy before it all goes up in smoke in one unlucky week anyways.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't find them all that fun really. It just ends up being people chasing whatever stat got overvalued in the setup of the league. Be it hits, goalie saves, etc. H2H at least you have some semblance of strategy before it all goes up in smoke in one unlucky week anyways.
    Get a room guys
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster