Thread: Horrible news about E Kane and his wife

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Horrible news about E Kane and his wife

Such a horrible thing to lose a child thoughts and prayers to him and his family

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Horrible news about E Kane and his wife

You gotta mention something about a miscarriage here. This made me think he had a kid that died somehow. Still sad obviously, but a BIG difference.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Terrible news.
    Wife & I had 7 miscarriages in 8 tries during our baby-making era. (We have two daughters. Yeah, do that math.)
    Six of them were super early, positive tests that were lost somewhere between 5-8 weeks.
    One was over 10 weeks in and required a D&C surgery to deal with.

26 weeks... I mean, I can't even.
    For women, the 39 weeks is broken into three trimesters... and its commonly accepted that getting into your 2nd trimester is sort of the "safe zone".
    26 weeks is right at the end of the 2nd trimester.
    So - yeah, you get there - most couples have named their future baby and it's got all the little wigglies that make ultrasound look human.

It's just a brutal loss at that point. Crushing.
    Some women get lifetime depression from these events - so they are very real and a strong husband will pony-up and put forth whatever effort & comfort he needs to be there.
    You also pick a favourite baby name with your sig other... whether they can do "Eva" again... IDK. It will be a hard choice for them.

For the flack that we give hockey-Evander, whatever he needs to do in his life to help his wife (& him) through this is warranted.
    Best wishes to his family - and may life give him a bigger family someday.

My wife & I know a few women that were never able to have children - when it's all they want in life.
    I just... can't imagine. Ugh.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You gotta mention something about a miscarriage here. This made me think he had a kid that died somehow. Still sad obviously, but a BIG difference.
    Agreed. Terrble news but, just not the same.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i wasnt looking for this to turn into a debate and while i guess i could have changed my wording the fact is in his own words Our daughter Eva after 26 week has passed away. That is 6 months of planning and his wife carrying there baby and having a name attached to the baby. So im pretty sure it was pretty devastating to them even if the baby had not been born yet.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    i wasnt looking for this to turn into a debate and while i guess i could have changed my wording the fact is in his own words Our daughter Eva after 26 week has passed away. That is 6 months of planning and his wife carrying there baby and having a name attached to the baby. So im pretty sure it was pretty devastating to them even if the baby had not been born yet.
    No doubt it was devastating to them.