Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2019 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Hey everyone! Everyone is sleeping so I have a quick minute to chime in! Thanks a lot to EB for heading this while I am out. I probably won’t be available much between now and the start so he is still the main man!

Thoughts on no positional requirements... no one wants to draft a goalie from the wild card team that plays against the president trophy winners and with 14 teams every goalie except two has to be drafted.

Also with goalies what if someone wants to draft multiple goalies, I think they should be allowed too. A playoff draft differs from a regular season draft because it’s not about finding players that go far. So why can’t somoeone try getting the goalies from both teams In the cup final. With positional requirements someone wouldn’t be able to do it.

As for goalie scoring it’s a difficult one. If we went two points for a win and 1 for a shutout, then the Stanley cup winning goalie is guaranteed 32 points ( 16 wins) and that doesn’t include the 2-4 shutouts that they might get. So a goalie could end up with a score 36-38 points. I think when I set it up a couple years ago I looked to see the top scoring players in the playoffs and I think Couture was the only one to get over 30 in the last few years. And I think the year Tampa made it to the finals Johnson lead the playoffs with 22 or something like that. Which would be significantly lower than the 32 that goalies would get based on wins alone. So I figured give the Stanley cup winning goalie 16 points and win 4 shutouts he becomes a 24 point player. I know it’s a lot of work to get 4 shutouts. And that the scoring may seem low but either way it Could be low or high. The math is kind on the wrong side either way.

Those are just my thoughts for why I set it up the way I didn’t and I am always open to changes and improvements!

cheers all! See you April 2!

Dobber Sports Monster

Sounds good - April 2 it is. When will we know the draft order and the time are we starting?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    As for goalie scoring it’s a difficult one. If we went two points for a win and 1 for a shutout, then the Stanley cup winning goalie is guaranteed 32 points ( 16 wins) and that doesn’t include the 2-4 shutouts that they might get. So a goalie could end up with a score 36-38 points. I think when I set it up a couple years ago I looked to see the top scoring players in the playoffs and I think Couture was the only one to get over 30 in the last few years. And I think the year Tampa made it to the finals Johnson lead the playoffs with 22 or something like that. Which would be significantly lower than the 32 that goalies would get based on wins alone. So I figured give the Stanley cup winning goalie 16 points and win 4 shutouts he becomes a 24 point player. I know it’s a lot of work to get 4 shutouts. And that the scoring may seem low but either way it Could be low or high. The math is kind on the wrong side either way.
    Yeah, I had the same thought after I made my post actually, makes a lot of sense.

Looking forward to getting this thing going!

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Sounds good - April 2 it is. When will we know the draft order and the time are we starting?
    Eskimo Brother said he was going to generate the randomized draft order sometime soon so I’d imagine it’ll be today or sometime this weekend. We usually tend to start these slow drafts as soon as the player selecting first is ready to go on the start date.

Looking good!! I like the point system!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    (you can have no goalies, all goalies, 10 defencemen, etc / you can stack all of your players from one team, or have one player from each team, etc.)
    Would calling my team the Philadelphia Flyers give away too much about strategy?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopefully the above photo is viewable for everyone else. Draft Order is randomized there, and we can get started as early as tfan5211 is ready on the 2nd of April (Tuesday). Though if he wants to start Monday I don't see anyone having too much of an issue with that.

I'll have the draft page up soon, and change the order in the first page here to reflect our draft order.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hopefully the above photo is viewable for everyone else. Draft Order is randomized there, and we can get started as early as tfan5211 is ready on the 2nd of April (Tuesday). Though if he wants to start Monday I don't see anyone having too much of an issue with that.

I'll have the draft page up soon, and change the order in the first page here to reflect our draft order.
    I'm ready to start whenever. Go Wings......

Dobber Sports Titan

Well, Tfan has decided to start us off already. If you're up next and ready to pick, go for it. Otherwise don't feel a rush to get in a pick until Tuesday. That's when we can start rushing.

website is set up. i have included it in the first post of both the discussion and draft pick threads!

Big Thanks to Eskimo Brother for keeping things rolling!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Should also put it out there for those who haven’t partaken in a Dobber slow draft before that we do not mention undrafted players in the discussion thread. We don’t want to influence anyone’s picks.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah I messaged the next owner. Told him no rush just figured I would get mine out of the way

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    Yeah I messaged the next owner. Told him no rush just figured I would get mine out of the way
    No worries, not exactly a surprise pick haha.

Big Daddy

One thing that is for certain in these Dobber slow drafts is that hockeyrobot and I are gunarenteed to draft next to eachother. It seems like everyone of these slow drafts we do we are PMing eachother “You’re up!”.