Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2019 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Last year we started on April 2nd and had this rule:

Note - If you draft a player and his team does not make playoffs then you can make another pick as soon as they are mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

One Step at a Time... Lets finalize the Number of teams by Wednesday. And then let everyone have a say and go with majority rules.

The two options will be:

1) Slow Draft starting April 2 (One Week before playoffs start)

2) Slow Draft starting April 6, the last day of the playoffs with a 2 hour time limit between (8 AM and 10 PM).

I think priority is to get everything done before the playoff games start.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    One Step at a Time... Lets finalize the Number of teams by Wednesday. And then let everyone have a say and go with majority rules.

The two options will be:

2) Slow Draft starting April 6, the last day of the playoffs with a 2 hour time limit between (8 AM and 10 PM).

Sounds like a good plan.
    I like option A.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

I’m good with whatever is decided.

Dobber Sports Monster

Id prefer 1. We should try to wait as long as possible before starting though as we want an idea of what matchups will be. I'm ok starting it a few days later than 1 week before the playoffs start. What did we do last year? I believe we finished after the games started but I could be mixing up leagues. IMO longer draft where nobody misses a pick and potentially might spill a day or two into the playoffs > quicker draft with timed out autopicks

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

The two options will be:

Option 1.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I’m in! No preference on draft type.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am in. No preference

Administrator

I'm in if you guys need an extra

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

PH has his hands full at the moment, and asked me to spearhead keeping this moving. Seems like we have our final list of teams since Wednesday has come and gone. Full list can be seen in the first post.
    I will randomize a draft order at some point soon.

We will plan to start April 2 (that seemed to get the large majority of votes, and worked well last year), as that leaves at most three games left for each team. Not 100% ideal, but the first couple of rounds will see everyone picking their SC favourite, which would likely be the case regardless of matchups.
    As was done last year, if someone picks a player whose team is mathematically eliminated after the pick, they may re-pick as soon as that player's team is officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Try to be quick with picks, as we all want to have this close to wrapped up by the time games start.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Also to confirm the rules, it is one point for a goal, one point for an assist, one point for a goalie win, and two points for a goalie shutout.

There are no positional requirements, no team requirements, you just need to pick players playing in the playoffs this year (you can have no goalies, all goalies, 10 defencemen, etc / you can stack all of your players from one team, or have one player from each team, etc.)

I recommend that since we have two more participants this year, that we cut the number of players a little. Last year was 14 players x 12 teams. This year we have 14 teams, so to go through the same size pool of players, that would mean 12 players per team. Let us know if you're okay with that, or if you have another suggestion.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Also to confirm the rules, it is one point for a goal, one point for an assist, one point for a goalie win, and two points for a goalie shutout.

There are no positional requirements, no team requirements, you just need to pick players playing in the playoffs this year (you can have no goalies, all goalies, 10 defencemen, etc / you can stack all of your players from one team, or have one player from each team, etc.)

I recommend that since we have two more participants this year, that we cut the number of players a little. Last year was 14 players x 12 teams. This year we have 14 teams, so to go through the same size pool of players, that would mean 12 players per team. Let us know if you're okay with that, or if you have another suggestion.
    Scoring seems fine, though I dunno what you did last year.

Interesting wrinkle boasting no positions.

For the player pool, 14x12 makes for 168 players, or just over 10 per NHL playoff team. Obviously some teams will be mined heavier but if you figure 7F/3D/1G per team with a handful extra that seems reasonable. You wouldn't want to go much deeper with the player pool.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Rules seem fine to me. I'll be ready April 2nd!

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    For the player pool, 14x12 makes for 168 players, or just over 10 per NHL playoff team. Obviously some teams will be mined heavier but if you figure 7F/3D/1G per team with a handful extra that seems reasonable. You wouldn't want to go much deeper with the player pool.
    But tell me what is more exhilarating than a bottom pair D-man or a fourth line grinder picking up an assist for your playoff pool team? Only half kidding of course.

I’m fine with whatever roster size or scoring format is decided but shouldn’t goalie wins be 2 points? Doesn’t matter really, just thought that was the norm.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I’m fine with whatever roster size or scoring format is decided but shouldn’t goalie wins be 2 points? Doesn’t matter really, just thought that was the norm.
    Those are the stats we ran with last year and it seemed to work just fine. If someone feels strongly about it being 2 points, I don't have an issue with it, but I'd rather growth the devil I know if all else is pretty much equal.