San Jose: Couture, Meier, Goalies
    Toronto: Tavares, Goalies, Hyman, Marleau, Kadri
    Winnipeg: Connor

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Default Re: 2019 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Looks like the doom and gloom we saw in this thread was all for naught...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As teams make their final selections I am entering the teams into the website.

Please confirm your team and ensure I haven't given you M. Reilly instead of M. Rielly or something like that!

Dobber Sports Monster

VGK: Stone, Marchessault, Karlsson, Pacioretty
    STL: Schenn, Schwartz, Perron, Blues goalies, Dunn, Parayko, Thomas, Steen

Dobber Sports Guru

My squad:

Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, goalies

San Jose: Karlsson, Labanc, Nyquist, Thornton

Colorado: Barrie

Dallas: Zucarello, goalies

I came into the draft with a specific strategy and it played out almost perfectly. I figured everyone would be filling up on Tampa, Jets, Preds, Caps and a few others, but Pittsburgh would largely be ignored. I figured the Pens should be able to get by the Islanders, and they've owned Washington almost every season, so it wouldn't be surprising to see Pittsburgh get to the third round. My plan was the grabs Pens with my top four picks, but someone snagged Guentzel before my fourth choice.

I don't like San Jose chances because of their goalies, but I figured that if they do go far, they'll be involved in firewagon hockey. So I started loading up on some of them.

The last couple of choices is simply because I'd rather have a top defenseman or a top-six forward from other teams instead of fourth line players on Pittsburgh/San Jose.

I'm hoping for a Pens/Sharks final.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

My strategy was to adapt based on what's happening. Gotta make a scenario on the fly that works.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My strategy was to adapt based on what's happening. Gotta make a scenario on the fly that works.
    Same here.

Also still haven't heard from metaldude since yesterday morning. Still two names left on the list. I guess I should go ahead and pick for him again since he seems to be out of reach.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Same here.

Also still haven't heard from metaldude since yesterday morning. Still two names left on the list. I guess I should go ahead and pick for him again since he seems to be out of reach.
    I checked his Twitter and no activity since Apr 7 so yeah I'd say if he hasn't checked in go ahead and pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yup, this was mine as well. Being near the back end... what top team has a few top players left on it when it gets to my turn. And hope the two guys after me on the turn don't take the other one.

Got Pastrnak then Bergeron and it was on the Boston train from there on out!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

I had no idea I was going with WSH until my pick came up. Going with Ovechkin and seeing the TB/BOS guys flying off the board made Toronto a logical pick draft-wise.

In the West I knew I was going with SJ and wanted to go heavier on WPG but found better equivalents in Toronto in the final rounds.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yup, this was mine as well. Being near the back end... what top team has a few top players left on it when it gets to my turn. And hope the two guys after me on the turn don't take the other one.

Got Pastrnak then Bergeron and it was on the Boston train from there on out!
    Same with me and WPG. Also got a few guys from PIT, and then grabbed a CLB trio in case they do upset the Lightning
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    My squad:

Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, goalies

San Jose: Karlsson, Labanc, Nyquist, Thornton

Colorado: Barrie

Dallas: Zucarello, goalies

I came into the draft with a specific strategy and it played out almost perfectly. I figured everyone would be filling up on Tampa, Jets, Preds, Caps and a few others, but Pittsburgh would largely be ignored. I figured the Pens should be able to get by the Islanders, and they've owned Washington almost every season, so it wouldn't be surprising to see Pittsburgh get to the third round. My plan was the grabs Pens with my top four picks, but someone snagged Guentzel before my fourth choice.

I don't like San Jose chances because of their goalies, but I figured that if they do go far, they'll be involved in firewagon hockey. So I started loading up on some of them.

The last couple of choices is simply because I'd rather have a top defenseman or a top-six forward from other teams instead of fourth line players on Pittsburgh/San Jose.

I'm hoping for a Pens/Sharks final.
    Solid plan. I considered going with the BPA from TB, BOS or WSH for the first couple rounds and then grabbing the top scorers from all the teams that aren’t likely to go past the 2nd round but I ended up just loading up on WSH again. One of my earlier comments in the thread was that I anticipated a mixed bag team which was the plan I described above but decided to not go that route. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Same with me and WPG. Also got a few guys from PIT, and then grabbed a CLB trio in case they do upset the Lightning
    I contemplated WPG, but I was scared of StuntMan12 on the turn. He went heavy on Winnipeg last year, so that scared me into Boston.

The Great One

Jets: Scheiffle, Ehlers, Morrisey, goalies
    Leafs: Marner, Matthews, Rielly
    Islanders: Barzal, Nelson, goalies
    Sharks: Hertl
    Canes: Hamilton

Aside from the Jets I went against conventional wisdom in every first rd series. But I’ve pretty much put my eggs in the Winnipeg/NYI/Leafs basket...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

TB: Point, Palat and Hedman
    STL: Tarasenko, O'Reilly and Bozak
    COL: MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog and goalies
    CAR: Williams and Staal

Wanted to grab a few Bolts since I knew I'd have a good one with the second pick. Then I wanted to go Blues heavy but StuntMan also went that direction so I decided to load up on the Avalanche and take a chance. If they go far, I'll have a great chance to win it.

Filled it up with two veterans on Carolina who has a chance in a weak metro.