Thread: How can they do with Dahlin

Banned

Default How can they do with Dahlin

Hello everyone,,
    Team in sign Drafted Dahlin relatively early (round 9, after first 7 rounds are our keepers). Wanted to take a shot, as predictions on this forum were anywhere from 30-60 points for his first season.. Was hoping I could rebuild on the fly and keep him under Burns' wing long enough to stay competitive while he develops.

Conundrum is.. I'm in first place in my league so far this year, and may need to consider dropping him at some point to stay competitive (not sure if I could even trade him.. maaaybe a GM close to being out of the running will want him, if he starts to pick up more points at the right time)

So what are opinions, should I try to hold onto Dahlin for the remainder of the season to see if he improves his point pace and shapes up into a keeper? Or am I crazy for even thinking he should be a top 18 Dman keeper by the end of the season?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: How can they do with Dahlin

Your signature isn't showing, so a bit hard to tell?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with the above that without some more league details it's tough to tell what the value of Dahlin should be, and therefore how you should be treating him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Dahlin has 17 points in his last 26 games. That's a 54 point pace. I am not sure who would be available in your league that would be better than that. He's 14th in the NHL in dmen scoring since January 7th. Dahlin does not turn 19 years of age until April 13th.

He's definitely a keeper in any league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not sure what is going here... OP appears to have copied and reposted my post from the Fall

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ghlight=Dahlin