Thread: Which Ave would you want to replace Landy? Can't pickup Mac, Rant or Barrie so not much to choose from?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which Ave would you want to replace Landy? Can't pickup Mac, Rant or Barrie so not much to choose from?

With Landy hurt I have to add another Avalanche player but can't pickup Mac, Rantanen or Barrie as they are on our restricted list.
    So the rest of the pickings are very slim. I know the answer is none but got no choice as I'm out of non IR "swaps".
    Points only (G-1 A-1) ROS or if/until Landy comes back. Appreciate hearing YOUR thoughts. Time sensitive, have to have my selection in by 8pm CST TODAY. Will Rep who I can. Thanks guys.

Line combos last night were: Mac *Compher *Brassard (*they were PP1) / Rantanen **Wilson **Soderberg / Calvert **Kerfoot **Jost.
    (**PP2) These after just one game (3-0 win for Aves) so probably not written in stone.

PPG for these guys are: (not great lol) Soderberg .62 Compher .57 Kerfoot .52 Willson .38 Brassard .37 Calvert and Jost .35

Unless you guys can come up with a compelling reason not to, I think it's between Soderberg and Compher?????
    Soderberg...having a decent year for him. IF, big IF he can stay with Rantanen at ES could increase his PPG and does get consistent PP2.
    Compher...IF he continues to play ES with MAC and PP1...could increase his PPG? Guess the same could be said for Brassard.
    To me Soderberg would be the less risky pick? With Compher/Brassard having more risk but possibly more points?

Don't know how relevant this might be. Last game without Landy...Mac had 3.38 pp toi, Brassard 4, Compher 2.39 and Soderberg 2.28

Appreciate hearing your thoughts on this one guys...just clawed my way back into the $$$ so this move could determine my year. Thanks.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Which Ave would you want to replace Landy? Can't pickup Mac, Rant or Barrie so not much to choose from?

Brassard

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Which Ave would you want to replace Landy? Can't pickup Mac, Rant or Barrie so not much to choose from?

Compher would be my pick.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Doug Glatt. Any reason why Brassard? He has 2 points in 7 gp (.29 ppg) since coming to the Aves. Is it the now playing with Mac thing?

Thanks EB. Always appreciate you replying to my questions. Tried to rep you but still can't.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like that Brassard has been tapped to fill the hole left by Landy'sinjury. He is getting the minutes at evens and PP1. The production will come. I dont think Compher is a horrible decision here, I just would choose Brassard at this moment if I had to.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll take compher. Best deployment imo with line 1 and pp1. When in doubt I lean towards deployment.

Edit: Im showing Brassard in pp2.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for taking the time MZac.
    Acccording to LW Lock, during last night's game Brassard got the most PP time at 82% including 58.8 with Mac, Rantanen, Compher and Barrie which has to be #1PP.
    He also played smaller %'s with Mac, Rant, Wilson / Rant, Jost, Compher.
    Last night, for comparison, Brassard and Rantanen had 82%of PP ice time, Mac 77%, Compher 65%. This #'s could very well be a one night aberration too. Who knows.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'll take compher. Best deployment imo with line 1 and pp1. When in doubt I lean towards deployment.

Edit: Im showing Brassard in pp2.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys. Compher got 2/3 votes and a grudging 2nd. So I went with him. Soo....as most of my moves have been disastrous this year I highly recommend that if you are looking at Compher, don't...he won't produce. lol. Thanks gents.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Thanks guys. Compher got 2/3 votes and a grudging 2nd. So I went with him. Soo....as most of my moves have been disastrous this year I highly recommend that if you are looking at Compher, don't...he won't produce. lol. Thanks gents.
    Feeling great about Brassard now! Thanks!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Feeling great about Brassard now! Thanks!
    It gets better for you. Last night Brassard spent 53% of ES TOI with Mac and JT...47% Mac and RANTANEN.

Compher was 50% with Mac, Brassard. 50% with others but NOT RANTANEN. Advantage Brassard. Good for you so far.

I was considering NOT making my SWAP Sunday...wait one game to see how the lines shook out. BUT I thought last night's game could be high scoring....didn't want to miss out on any possible points from my Ave. So pulled the trigger. Aves of course get shut out. If I'd waited until today to make my move, probably would have gone with Brassard.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    It gets better for you. Last night Brassard spent 53% of ES TOI with Mac and JT...47% Mac and RANTANEN.

Compher was 50% with Mac, Brassard. 50% with others but NOT RANTANEN. Advantage Brassard. Good for you so far.

I was considering NOT making my SWAP Sunday...wait one game to see how the lines shook out. BUT I thought last night's game could be high scoring....didn't want to miss out on any possible points from my Ave. So pulled the trigger. Aves of course get shut out. If I'd waited until today to make my move, probably would have gone with Brassard.
    They will probably both suck.