Thread: Binnington vs Sharks - do I start him if it isn't Allen?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Binnington vs Sharks - do I start him if it isn't Allen?

Somehow this feels like I might be throwing him to the proverbial wolves... don't think he'd be chum in the water but maybe I'm over thinking this because of the McE drubbing last night at the hands of the Jets.

My goalie cats got toasted last night in my head to head.... Sure I've got Fleury going today, then again tommorrow so I might just try and be safe? Thoughts?

Week one playoff head to head so far is below... I feel like I need to salvage some goalie stats if possible (lost 4 pts last night)!
    Screenshot_2019-03-09 Matchup Fantasy Hockey Yahoo Sports.png

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Binnington vs Sharks - do I start him if it isn't Allen?

If you're behind because of the 8-1 torching last night I'd start everyone from here on out and try to pick up a few cats (saves, shut outs, wins).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Which goalies are your opponent carrying? Knowing that could help us project where his stats end up by the end of tomorrow.

I'm don't know if you have that much to lose at this point by benching Binnington. You're tied in W-L-SO, and only winning saves by about 1 game's worth. He's gonna see 25+ shots and has a chance at the W because Jones isn't super consistent.

You're already losing in GAA and Sv% by an amount that might not even rebound enough if Fleury were to get you a shutout.

Also, if I wouldn't be surprised if Subban gets the start tomorrow. He won't have played in 5 straight after tonight, and if they don't start him tomorrow then he won't see another game for a good while longer with VGK not playing until next Friday & Sunday (3/15 & 3/17).
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If you're behind because of the 8-1 torching last night I'd start everyone from here on out and try to pick up a few cats (saves, shut outs, wins).
    Im ahead still

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Which goalies are your opponent carrying? Knowing that could help us project where his stats end up by the end of tomorrow.

I'm don't know if you have that much to lose at this point by benching Binnington. You're tied in W-L-SO, and only winning saves by about 1 game's worth. He's gonna see 25+ shots and has a chance at the W because Jones isn't super consistent.

You're already losing in GAA and Sv% by an amount that might not even rebound enough if Fleury were to get you a shutout.

Also, if I wouldn't be surprised if Subban gets the start tomorrow. He won't have played in 5 straight after tonight, and if they don't start him tomorrow then he won't see another game for a good while longer with VGK not playing until next Friday & Sunday (3/15 & 3/17).
    Hes got Pekka vs Carolina tonight and possibly Luongo vs Detroit tomorrow or either Wpg goalie vs Washington

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    Hes got Pekka vs Carolina tonight and possibly Luongo vs Detroit tomorrow or either Wpg goalie vs Washington

Yes I saw, all the more reason to try and lock up the other goalie categories (wins, saves, and possibly shut outs). I would throw SV% and GAA out the window this week considering you're ahead in most scoring categories as well. Try to lock up the other goalie cats is what I was trying to say.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

Jake Allen is playing tonight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Jake Allen is playing tonight.
    Love when coaches make my decision for me hahahahah ... what does this say for binnington tho?