Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can anyone make sense of my keepers?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Can anyone make sense of my keepers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The only reason I discount that is because there will probably be someone equal to a Zibanejad who won't be kept by another team. If you trade Zibs to team A for a draft pick, then he's not available at pick 6 in the draft (first one outside your top 5) for team B or C etc to draft him, since team B or C had to drop someone solid, for example Nick Backstrom, who replaces Zibs as the guy you draft at 5.

I you don't see any possible way someone is dropping someone close in value to Zibs, then keep and re-draft him.
    this is how id approach this as well.

your THEORY is solid, go with that and look at whos available for 3 4 and 5 but dont necessarily lock in on Zib..there could be better options.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you all!!!

I think I’ve got this.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Update: I won my league yesterday and have already received an offer for my Gaudreau (who you guys debated as a maybe keeper for me.)

Gaudreau for 3rd in 2019, 1st in 2020 (his team should be horrible next year) and Shesterkin.

I do have space in my minors for one player. What do you think?
    Congrats. I'd take that deal & run. While you can redraft Gaudreau, you can also get an elite goalie prospect, plus a potentially elite pick. So you redraft a guy who is slightly less good, while extending your window a lot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The only reason I discount that is because there will probably be someone equal to a Zibanejad who won't be kept by another team. If you trade Zibs to team A for a draft pick, then he's not available at pick 6 in the draft (first one outside your top 5) for team B or C etc to draft him, since team B or C had to drop someone solid, for example Nick Backstrom, who replaces Zibs as the guy you draft at 5.

I you don't see any possible way someone is dropping someone close in value to Zibs, then keep and re-draft him.
    I'm in agreement with this. You may want to only deal those you are getting great value for - like that Gaudreau deal, and redraft the rest, but try and figure out who else is going other teams may be overloaded as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Last year, after the draft went Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina, it went Dubois, William Nylander, William Karlsson, Getzlaf, Couture, Radulov, Schwartz, Hamilton, Krug in the 1st Round.

So, yeah, I think after I take Hughes and Kakko, me making 3 of Gaudreau, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Forsberg, Josi available for me to grab back would be beneficial.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just traded B. Schenn, Kreider and Muzzin for a 2nd in 2019 and a 1st in 2020. None of them were even close to keepers for me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Also just traded Gaudreau for a 1st in 2019, 2nd in 2019, 6th in 2020 and Evan Bouchard.

Dobber Sports Recruit

i just think he should be added to the guys you have already listed as one of your 8 keepers

Dobber Sports Titan

Who are you referring to?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by davidthomas View Post
    i just think he should be added to the guys you have already listed as one of your 8 keepers
    Who are you referring to?
    I’m a bit confused as well, but would love further discussion. As of right now, I’m keeping Zibanejad, Jamie Benn and Lehner so that I can redraft them. I have the first 5 picks in the draft and was planning on going Hughes, Kakko, Zibanejad, Benn and Lehner. That means I will still try to trade away Josi, Forsberg, Hertl, Hamilton and Krug.

Dobber Sports Titan

I could see an argument for keeping Hertl and trading Benn, as Benn will probably give you the better return. Hertl brings a lite version of the same stats anyways.

Same idea with keeping one of the Dmen (Josi) if you have an offer knock your socks off for one of Lehner or Zibs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interesting. Thank you. I’m always looking for the best deal.

People in my league are pissed that I won this year and have the first 5 selections in the draft...plus the 7th one too. Not to mention I have six 2nd rounders too. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Interesting. Thank you. I’m always looking for the best deal.

People in my league are pissed that I won this year and have the first 5 selections in the draft...plus the 7th one too. Not to mention I have six 2nd rounders too. Haha
    Then they should stop making dumb deals with you multiple times a year.