Thread: Hedman on the Block

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hedman on the Block

Manager in my league has Hedman on the trade block and I would like to make a push to acquire him for the playoffs which coincide with the NHL Playoffs. My only fear is that I would have to lose some key players in my run but I know I need to bolster my Defense some with Letang injured and Karlsson out I have zero help beyond Schultz and as a Pens fan I probably need to spread out the players I have instead of having 3 D from PITT.

I tried messaging the GM but he hasn't gotten back to me so I figured I could send him an offer and let him counter from there. His team is 5th overall and 2nd in his division where I am 3rd overall and 2nd in my division and I don't think he's REALLY lacking in one particular area. Here is his team:

F: Backlund, Backstrom, Barkov, Cousins, Hischier, Kreider, Nylander, Reaves, Seguin, Tarasenko, JVR, Wheeler, Pastrnak, Khaira
    D: Connauton, Giordano, D Hamilton, Harrington, Hedman, Josi
    G: Murray, DeSmith, Domingue

Hamilton and Josi also wouldn't be terrible options to go after either. Thoughts on a decent offer to him? I have $500K in cap space available where he has roughly $6M which I know makes this a bit tough.

Any help would be appreciated and I will definitely REP!
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Hedman on the Block

I don't see any one for one scenario that a) gives you an advantage, b) you have the cap space for and c) that has any realistic chance of success. Which means that you have two options imo 1) Make the trade bigger or 2) Target Josi.

1) Make the trade bigger: You would need to do a 2 for 1 (Which I don't see any that make sense for both of you) or a 2 for 2. If you're doing a 2 for 2 you'd pretty much need Hischier coming back. Maybe try Gaudreau + Smith for Hedman + Hischier. I imagine he'll reject this though. Second option would be Crosby + Smith for those two. This probably would end up fairly even long term but likely a slight overall downgrade this year.

2) Trade for Josi: I'd try sending out Lindholm, you might need to include a sweetener, I'd try one of Zboril, Bowey or any picks that you might have left.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)