Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zibanejad major penalty and game misconduct rescinded

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Zibanejad major penalty and game misconduct rescinded

I have a question about this as it relates to fantasy - do you expect a stat correction to take away his 15 PIM from that night because of this?
    Yahoo - 12 Teams - H2H - Daily Starts
    2L, 2C, 2R, 4D, 2G, 4B, 1IR+
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

L - Huberdeau, Giroux (C,R), Coleman (R)
    C - Bergeron, Larkin
    R - Wheeler (C), Hornqvist, White (C - Streamer)
    D - Letang, DeAngelo, Murphy, Slavin
    G - Rask/Halak, Shesterkin/Georgiev
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Zibanejad major penalty and game misconduct rescinded

Not really sure if there's a precedent here. I think they probably should make the stat correction, but that doesn't mean they will.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not really sure if there's a precedent here. I think they probably should make the stat correction, but that doesn't mean they will.
    I sure hope they do! Would help me a lot in this week of playoffs lol
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Titan

They should. But I hope they don't.

The next thing is, if they don't switch it before I think Monday, Yahoo won't adjust the category numbers from this week.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would think there has to be a correction. I don't see why not.

How and why were the penalties rescinded? My guess would be an over reactive referee. Usually they are under reactive.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well hopefully it takes effect sometime during the week and not next week when it's too late!
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Superstar

Man I'm interested to see what the league does here. I seem to recall a previous case where a player's game misconduct was rescinded/reduced to a 10-minute misconduct (a game misconduct shows up as 10 PIMs as well).

The difference being that game misconducts appear on a players "permanent record" and if a player gets 2 in a span of 41 games or less draws an automatic one game suspension.

The reports here indicate that both the major and the game misconduct have been rescinded. My guess is they are rescinded from his "permanent record" but still show up on the score sheet. Who knows though.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Man I'm interested to see what the league does here. I seem to recall a previous case where a player's game misconduct was rescinded/reduced to a 10-minute misconduct (a game misconduct shows up as 10 PIMs as well).

The difference being that game misconducts appear on a players "permanent record" and if a player gets 2 in a span of 41 games or less draws an automatic one game suspension.

The reports here indicate that both the major and the game misconduct have been rescinded. My guess is they are rescinded from his "permanent record" but still show up on the score sheet. Who knows though.
    This is why, it’s all about how these add up and lead to automatic suspensions.

I haven’t seen the play but the refs will hand out those misconducts etc just to keep the game under control and let the league figure out later whether it was justified. I’m fairly positive that what is rescinded is the black mark on that record and the PIMs that we’re handed out remain.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post

I believe this is correct because in the game he still served those penalties, hence why it would remain in the game sheet and on his PIM totals. Rescinding the penalty after the fact is for off-ice paperwork.

So from Yahoo's perspective I don't anticipate any stat corrections.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    This is why, it’s all about how these add up and lead to automatic suspensions.

I haven’t seen the play but the refs will hand out those misconducts etc just to keep the game under control and let the league figure out later whether it was justified. I’m fairly positive that what is rescinded is the black mark on that record and the PIMs that we’re handed out remain.
    I don't understand why they would rescind this to begin with. What difference will it make in the big picture? Is there any benifit to anyone if they take away these penalties? It just makes the ref's look bad. I mean worse.

I hope they don't lol

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't understand why they would rescind this to begin with. What difference will it make in the big picture? Is there any benifit to anyone if they take away these penalties? It just makes the ref's look bad. I mean worse.
    2 game misconducts in a 41-game period leads to an automatic one game suspension, reducing the penalty from a game misconduct to a 10-minute misconduct means he does not have 1 game misconduct on his "record". If the game misconduct penalty was considered over the top the league cannot go back in time and undue the call but they can undue the lasting burden by rescinding the game misconduct mark on his record.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Because if a player gets 2 or 3 game misconducts over a certain period of time they receive an automatic one game suspension so after a game the player will appeal if the penalty seemed excessive to avoid those situations adding up into a suspension.

Edit: I started looking around and found this from Winging it in Motown.

http://https://www.google.ca/amp/s/w...nd-misconducts

The important part is this vvvv

23.3 Fines and Suspensions - General Category: If a player gets 3 "general" game misconducts in the regular season, he incurs an automatic 1-game suspension. If he gets more "general" game misconducts afterward, the suspension is increased 1 game for each misconduct. So on the fourth, it's a 2-game suspension; fifth, 3 games, and so on. For each suspension, the player's Club is fined $1000. In the playoffs, the same rules--Club fine, suspension, and suspension increases--apply, except replace "3" general game misconducts with "2" and adjust accordingly. Table 10 on page 134 (PDF p. 145) lists "General Category" game misconduct infractions.

So when a player gets the game misconduct and they and the team feel it was unwarranted it can be appealed and overturned to avoid fines and suspensions. But as Eric said above, he served those penalties which can’t actually be reversed so he would still have it on his record but with an * beside it figuratively saying it can’t be used against him for future disciplinary reasons.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Icon

There is no chance that Yahoo or the NHL would remove the penalty minutes from Zibanejad. He earned and served the penalties so he will keep the 15 PIMs. The rescinding is strictly for his "permanent record" as others have said. It's more of an accounting thing for the NHL than anything else.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Because if a player gets 2 or 3 game misconducts over a certain period of time they receive an automatic one game suspension so after a game the player will appeal if the penalty seemed excessive to avoid those situations adding up into a suspension.

Edit: I started looking around and found this from Winging it in Motown.

http://https://www.google.ca/amp/s/w...nd-misconducts

The important part is this vvvv

23.3 Fines and Suspensions - General Category: If a player gets 3 "general" game misconducts in the regular season, he incurs an automatic 1-game suspension. If he gets more "general" game misconducts afterward, the suspension is increased 1 game for each misconduct. So on the fourth, it's a 2-game suspension; fifth, 3 games, and so on. For each suspension, the player's Club is fined $1000. In the playoffs, the same rules--Club fine, suspension, and suspension increases--apply, except replace "3" general game misconducts with "2" and adjust accordingly. Table 10 on page 134 (PDF p. 145) lists "General Category" game misconduct infractions.

So when a player gets the game misconduct and they and the team feel it was unwarranted it can be appealed and overturned to avoid fines and suspensions. But as Eric said above, he served those penalties which can’t actually be reversed so he would still have it on his record but with an * beside it figuratively saying it can’t be used against him for future disciplinary reasons.
    Makes sense. Thanks. They should start using flags like in soccer.