Thread: McElhinneyfor next season

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default McElhinneyfor next season

I recently made a small move to acquire him to shore up my goaltending for a playoff push in a dynasty league, and I'm hoping he's got some value beyond this year.

I realize that McElhinney is a 35 year old journeyman goalie, but he's a major part of why the Hurricanes are where they are this year.
    Do people think he re-signs there?

I'm guessing he will get an offer from them, at a raise, but how much for how long?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: McElhinneyfor next season

Hard to know for sure, but I could see the Canes offering him a 1 or 2 year contract. He had great numbers as a backup in Toronto last season, so he'll definitely find work somewhere. Maybe he's Tim Thomas-lite as a very late bloomer.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: McElhinneyfor next season

Definitely getting a raise. I could see something along the same price tag between Aaron Dell and Thomas Greiss. So maybe 2yrs at $2.5M. With that kind of contract, he becomes what Hutton has been this season: A default starter if there is no one better, but a veteran backup if he gets pushed out by anyone with more of a golden boy status than him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)