Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Pools...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Game of Thrones Pools...

A fun game. Everyone who wants to play, pick 5 Game of Thrones characters who are still alive today, who you think will be dead by the end of the series. You can even pick "non human" characters, like Drogon or Ghost. See who can get 5 out of 5!

Also, another pool would be picking the person you think will be sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of the series. This one might be a bit tougher as I think it is quite possible that "nobody" could be the correct answer.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Game of Thrones Pools...

How about a pool on how much worse the writing will get this season vs last. There's no way the drop in plot and dialogue quality could be as precipitous as it was between seasons 6 and 7. Maybe it could even get better? I would definitely be pleasantly surprised and very excited about a return to the previous extremely high level of quality from the first handful of seasons back when the show writers were working directly off of GRRM's source material and didn't have to wing it.

Ah, right... my answers:
    Jaime
    Cersei
    Bronn
    Bran
    Daenerys

I don't think Jon should be a viable answer since he is not really technically alive at this point in the first place. Same for Gregor Clegane.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I love it!
    Book readers have insider intel on "lock" deaths due to premonitions/fore-tellings... so I shall refrain from playing.
    But Tyrion will be king of the land when all is said & done. (End sentence, Tyrion I, GoT)

Dobber Sports Sage

Dead by the end of season:

Jamie Lannister
    John Snow
    Theon Greyjoy
    Grey Worm
    Melisandre

Sitting on the iron throne at the end of the season:
    The Mother of Dragons

Edit: for the record I haven't read the books and am saving them for when the series ends. Essentially since I don't want to ruin the show because I know the books will be much better.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

My Death Picks

Melisandre
    Cercei
    Theon Greyjoy
    Jorah Mormont
    The Night King

As far as who is going to sit on the Iron Throne, I think that Martin tends to avoid really obvious choices, which is why I don't think it will be any of the "Big 3" in Dany, Jon Snow or Tyrion; just that would be too obvious for me. My prediction is Gendry. I think he still has a legitimate claim to the throne? Although, Jon Snow might be the legit heir in light of last season's big reveal.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Also, BMP, I do agree that the writing has not been as strong as it was at first. I still think it is hands down the best show on TV right now; even with the decline.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Also, BMP, I do agree that the writing has not been as strong as it was at first. I still think it is hands down the best show on TV right now; even with the decline.

Rylant
    Definitely not as strong but that's what happens when TV writers take over from the guy who started the story. Still can't wait as this is going to be one of the biggest TV events of all time.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

David Benioff is actually a pretty smart dude... I think he's a good mind to finish the show well.
    Before he got into GoT deeply (which aired 2011), he wrote a few novels.
    City of Thieves (2008) is a really solid read. I liked it a lot and would recommend it.
    It gets a 4.29 rating on goodreads, from 94k+ people.
    https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf...&query=benioff

Dobber Sports All-Star

Essentially every fighter should be dead by end of the series. My 5 dead would be: John Snow, Daenerys, Cersei, Jaime, Jorah

The person sitting on the throne at the end will be Tyrion as he's the acting regent for Westeros until John & Danni's kid comes of age to assume her position as queen.

In fact the final scene of the show should be Tyrion sitting on the throne while holding the baby as he tells her stories of her parents saving Westeros.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Definitely not as strong but that's what happens when TV writers take over from the guy who started the story. Still can't wait as this is going to be one of the biggest TV events of all time.
    Yeah, it is what it is. I can live with it, there's just some things that make me wince here and there. What really bothers me is people who try to argue that the plot and dialogue last season was just as good or better than before. Like, what...? Anyways, excited for the final season. I've lowered my expectations a bit which I hadn't done prior to last season, so hopefully it leaves me pleasantly surprised this time.

Dobber Sports Expert

Characters who will die

Lord Commander Edd
    Hotpie
    Howland Reed (of old age, off camera because the show writers don't know how to deal with small-role characters important to the overall narrative)
    Lyanna Mormont (she will literally drown in the blood of her enemies)
    Ser Pounce

On the iron throne at the end

Azor Ahai

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Characters who will die

Lord Commander Edd
    Hotpie
    Howland Reed (of old age, off camera because the show writers don't know how to deal with small-role characters important to the overall narrative)
    Lyanna Mormont (she will literally drown in the blood of her enemies)
    Ser Pounce

On the iron throne at the end

Azor Ahai
    Wasn't it confirmed that Ser Pounce is already dead?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Noooo! I should've learned not to get overly attached to characters on this show by now.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that Ser Pounce is already dead?
    Yes it has.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I love it!
    Book readers have insider intel on "lock" deaths due to premonitions/fore-tellings... so I shall refrain from playing.
    This is not true. George Martin himself has said he is wondering how the show is going to end. The shows are so far away from the books at this point in time, that I doubt any premonitions from the book will have impact on who dies this season on GOT.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5329436/ga...ries-will-end/