Thread: Am I buying low on Trocheck?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Am I buying low on Trocheck?

I could acquire Trocheck and a spare part for essentially Palat and Theodore.
    Would you do the move?

His lack of 1st PP time and declining stats are worrying me a bit... coming back from an important injury I know.
    But does he bounce back to last season's levels?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Am I buying low on Trocheck?

I would do this deal. Palat doesn’t look like a keeper for you so you replace troch for Theo.

I know some people are high on defense but I can see troch as being a ppg player
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

I would do that. Great price for a player who should rebound next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

That is a massive buy low, If that came into my inbox... I'd have accepted already. You're buying for next year, not this. He'll return much closer to form next year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Points only his value is less but the cream rises and expect next season he'll be back on pp1 with more regularity.

So in a keep 12 points only league I think trochek is the best player in this deal and will probably pace between 60-75 next season. I like him as a keeper more than Theodore and you don't plan to keep palat anyway so I like the deal.

My only concern is that you start 6 d men and I don't imagine there are many good ones in free agency so you do have to do some calculations on the expected point differential between trochek and the best forward you can draft VS Theodore and the best d man you can draft. My guess is the d men you'll be drafting early will project between 30-40 points and the forwards you'll be drafting will project between 40-55 points but you'll know better than me, just a very general estimate. If this is close to accurate I think trochek comes out ahead. Of course if you think Theodore has 60+ point potential next season then you have to keep him but I'm not there withTheodore.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    My only concern is that you start 6 d men and I don't imagine there are many good ones in free agency so you do have to do some calculations on the expected point differential between trochek and the best forward you can draft VS Theodore and the best d man you can draft. My guess is the d men you'll be drafting early will project between 30-40 points and the forwards you'll be drafting will project between 40-55 points but you'll know better than me, just a very general estimate. If this is close to accurate I think trochek comes out ahead. Of course if you think Theodore has 60+ point potential next season then you have to keep him but I'm not there withTheodore.
    Excellent assessment MZac.

Obviously, there are some homeruns in the later rounds of my redraft every year, but usually speaking:
    The best forward available is in the 50-60 range, except for the top rookies and I'm not low enough in the standings to get a Jack Hughes.
    The best dman available is in the 37-45 range.

So assuming that Trocheck can get back to 65-70, this is an upgrade for sure. I simply hope he does rebound and that his 75 points was not an anomaly.
    Palat is not important in that equation, and I would essentially swap Theodore in my keepers by Quinn Hugues.
    I like Theodore, but does he really take the next step to 55+ with his deployment in Vegas?

Thanks all, REP distributed.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Excellent assessment MZac.

Obviously, there are some homeruns in the later rounds of my redraft every year, but usually speaking:
    The best forward available is in the 50-60 range, except for the top rookies and I'm not low enough in the standings to get a Jack Hughes.
    The best dman available is in the 37-45 range.

So assuming that Trocheck can get back to 65-70, this is an upgrade for sure. I simply hope he does rebound and that his 75 points was not an anomaly.
    Palat is not important in that equation, and I would essentially swap Theodore in my keepers by Quinn Hugues.
    I like Theodore, but does he really take the next step to 55+ with his deployment in Vegas?

Thanks all, REP distributed.
    So we're talking about a d man with decent deployment pacing for 39 points this season on a team that for its entire history has spread the wealth with deployment. For him to get to 55+ he would need to be on a loaded and heavily used pp1 imo. I don't see anything to indicate that's going to happen next season.

So I'll stick with trochek and I'll take the over on 65 points for next season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

It's a win for you, though not quite a home run deal considering it's points-only and Trocheck isn't a lock for 70+ next year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I just realized I posted this in the d-man section... if a moderator is willing to move it to the Trade Talk one, it would be great.

Cheers!