Thread: Alex Nylander falling off the map ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Alex Nylander falling off the map ?

Should we pull the plug on this guy ? Will he ever live up to his potential ? He had a strong start to this season but what happen after that ?

Anybody has intel on this ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Alex Nylander falling off the map ?

Fortnite?

note - I deleted the duplicate thread
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

He did start the year off well this season but petered off a bit toward the new year and was injured early February. He has looked off since coming back from that but from what I've read played his best game in awhile yesterday against Syracuse. https://twitter.com/LetsGoAmerks/sta...527168/photo/1

He's definitely been underwhelming so far professionally but he just turned 21 on Saturday. I'm keeping hope alive that it will come together for him in the near future.

Administrator

He's just 21 so there's still time and as a former top 10 pick he'll continue to get trial runs in the NHL. But with next to no improvement in the last 3 years I'm skeptical of him having much upside at the NHL level.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Fortnite?

note - I deleted the duplicate thread
    Ya there was a lot of talk that he was the guy Marek called out earlier this year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya there was a lot of talk that he was the guy Marek called out earlier this year.
    There was but Nylander never fit the vague description of the player Marek gave. I can't remember exactly what it was but Marek referred to the club the player was drafted to as a large market (I think) and Buffalo is not that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    There was but Nylander never fit the vague description of the player Marke gave. I can't remember exactly what it was but Marek referred to the club the player was drafted to as a large market (I think) and Buffalo is not that.
    Hm.....ya now that you say that I do recall him saying large market.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    There was but Nylander never fit the vague description of the player Marke gave. I can't remember exactly what it was but Marek referred to the club the player was drafted to as a large market (I think) and Buffalo is not that.
    Crazy how that story played out. The description was intentionally vague so the rest of us can speculate endlessly about it (ie more "consumption" of the company's content). Meanwhile a bunch of innocent players have that cloud hanging over their head.

BTW has anyone figured out the cut-off point for what is considered a big market? Is it the top 10 teams according to Forbes?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Crazy how that story played out. The description was intentionally vague so the rest of us can speculate endlessly about it (ie more "consumption" of the company's content). Meanwhile a bunch of innocent players have that cloud hanging over their head.

BTW has anyone figured out the cut-off point for what is considered a big market? Is it the top 10 teams according to Forbes?
    It's true. It kind of bothered me that he put the story out there and then was so frigging coy about it. Sure I get not wanting to throw a kid under the bus, but isn't almost worse now that more than 1 kid has this possibility hanging over them? Would have been better off not saying at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, I can say with certainty that Buffalo is on the small side of that cut-off point.

Administrator

It's true. It kind of bothered me that he put the story out there and then was so frigging coy about it. Sure I get not wanting to throw a kid under the bus, but isn't almost worse now that more than 1 kid has this possibility hanging over them? Would have been better off not saying at all.
    We live in the clickbait era. Content and interaction are more important than the truth. It's possible the story was entirely made up.

Dobber Sports Sage

I always just assumed that was Laine after finding out how much he actually plays fortnite and how he's struggled with consistency his season.

Edit: I probably shouldn't assume anything in hindsight...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I always just assumed that was Laine after finding out how much he actually plays fortnite and how he's struggled with consistency his season.

Edit: I probably shouldn't assume anything in hindsight...
    it couldn't have been Laine because he said the prospect was NOT in the NHL and likely would never make it due to the video game addiction. Laine was in the NHL from day 1.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it couldn't have been Laine because he said the prospect was NOT in the NHL and likely would never make it due to the video game addiction. Laine was in the NHL from day 1.
    Right, forgot about that part. See my assumption note.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Right, forgot about that part. See my assumption note.
    It seems every prospect fails to perfectly match the description. Based on my conspiracy theory it may be by design.