Thread: His Sebastian Aho for my Monahan

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default His Sebastian Aho for my Monahan

I got this offer yesterday but since the league's trade deadline already passed, the deal is moot but it may still be a post-season deal but I need second opinions here incase I'm overthinking things.

Another GM offered me his Sebastion Aho for my Sean Monahan + 1st rd prospect pick. Normally I would probably have entertained this deal except for the fact that my league uses actual salaries and Aho is a RFA who potentially could sign for $9mil per yr, while Monahan still has 3 more seasons at about $6 mil. I didn't see Aho as a big enough upgrade to justify another $3mil cap increase so kind of let the deal expire while I tried to figure out all the angles. The 1st rd pick is essentially worthless to me as it's probably going to either be the last pick or 2nd last pick of the 1st rd so it's not a deal breaker in any form. Another issue why the $3mil cap increase is important to me is because I also have other RFA's about to get the same $9 mil salary increase : Rantanen, Point, Marner

Would any of you consider a one for one offset trade of Aho for any of Rantanen, Point, Marner straight up since all 4 might have the same contract this summer or is it a waste of time?
    Would Monahan + 1st rd pick for Aho still be viable even with the salary increase or these two are too close for the salary risk?

Let me know what you think? Thanks
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: His Sebastian Aho for my Monahan

If it wasn't a cap league I prefer Monahan over Aho. With the salary included, plus your incoming crunch on top of that, it may not be a great deal for you, unless you could keep the first and then sell Aho off to another team for a similar price as to what you could have traded Monahan for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)