Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kravstov or Gusev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kravstov or Gusev

Who would you rather own for the next 2-3 years? Assuming Gusev cames over to play next year with VGK, which guy do you think will have more of an impact?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Kravstov or Gusev

Gusev. And it's not close.

I expect Gusev to have an impact somewhere between Dadanov & Panarin when he arrives.

Kravstrov, will be eased in, could be 2-3 years before he hits 50pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Gusev. And it's not close.

I expect Gusev to have an impact somewhere between Dadanov & Panarin when he arrives.

Kravstrov, will be eased in, could be 2-3 years before he hits 50pts.
    Between Dadanov and Panarin?! So you think Gusev is gonna be a 65-75 point player when he arrives? Where does in line-up in Vegas?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    Between Dadanov and Panarin?! So you think Gusev is gonna be a 65-75 point player when he arrives? Where does in line-up in Vegas?
    wherever the hell he wants... lol. Would not surprise me to see him take a spot on the top line. He'll be in the top 6. He won't push Patches anywhere and ideally you want those two on the same line, but they're both LW... I don't know if Gusev can or would play RW. He's an elite playmaker. Perhaps Marchessault takes the bump down?

It would give Vegas three really good lines.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I choose Kravtsov. The confidence interval of Kravtsov playing in the NHL is far higher than Gusev. At this point you have a significant gap in NHL certainty between Gusev and Kravstov and a small gap in projected production.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I choose Kravtsov. The confidence interval of Kravtsov playing in the NHL is far higher than Gusev. At this point you have a significant gap in NHL certainty between Gusev and Kravstov and a small gap in projected production.
    except 'if' Gusev comes over, he's got a shot at 70pts immediately. Whereas, Kravtsov might not see that for 3+ years

Side note. SKA is down 0-2 in the 1st round of the KHL playoffs. There's a chance he could line up with Vegas THIS season, once he becomes a KHL UFA. - ALA Tolvanen.

Dobber Sports Monster

I go with Kravtsov here. Both are high end prospects, Gusev being more high-end potential but god knows if he will ever come over. Kravtsov is what 19 years old and already showing a lot of promise. Now if Gusev stated for sure he his coming at the end of this season I would change my stance on it very quick.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    except 'if' Gusev comes over, he's got a shot at 70pts immediately. Whereas, Kravtsov might not see that for 3+ years

Side note. SKA is down 0-2 in the 1st round of the KHL playoffs. There's a chance he could line up with Vegas THIS season, once he becomes a KHL UFA. - ALA Tolvanen.
    Does he? Based on what? The success of Dadanov and Panarin? There's a lot more failures than success stories in this narrative. I want Gusev to come over and be successful as much as anyone, but his KHL point production doesn't have any bearing on if he might become the third extreme outlier of success compared to the statistical likelihood that he's JAG.

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for Kravtsov.

I don't trust an individual who has avoided playing in the NHL until they are almost 27 years old to have the ability/desire to become a star in the NHL.

According to hockey-reference.com, only 1 player* since 2007 has been born in Russia, played his first NHL season at the age of 25 or greater and put up more than 12 points that season. That player had 36 points in 82 games but has not reached 15 points in a season since then.

*Rep given to the first person who names the player.

Dobber Sports Deity

To me, Gusev is a mighty big "if". I don't have much faith in him coming over but if he does, he would make this close. I do think Kravtsov has a tremendous ceiling.

Right now, knowing what I know, I'd want to hold Kravtsov simply because I have more faith that he will come over and produce. Gusev is a guy I simply don't think is coming over anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Does he? Based on what? The success of Dadanov and Panarin? There's a lot more failures than success stories in this narrative. I want Gusev to come over and be successful as much as anyone, but his KHL point production doesn't have any bearing on if he might become the third extreme outlier of success compared to the statistical likelihood that he's JAG.
    Based on his performance/production vs those two in the KHL & internationally. Gusev is the stick that stirs the Russian drink. he dominates every tournament he's in for the Russians. he doesn't look out of place when with the NHL Russians internationally. There's a reason he's maintained a top prospect status for almost a decade outside of the NHL.

But the OP question was - ASSUMING Gusev comes over next season. So it's a hypothetical that he is in the NHL next year. I think everyone missed that. If Gusev comes over next year. It's Gusev >>>> Kravstrov until at least 2021/22

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gusev and it’s not even close for me. Immediate production vs. I don’t even know what Kravstov might do.

Dobber Sports Wizard

When Gusev signs an NHL contract, I'm willing to move him ahead of Kravtsov. Until then, I'd rather have Kravtsov who has already stated he will be crossing the pond after this season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    When Gusev signs an NHL contract, I'm willing to move him ahead of Kravtsov. Until then, I'd rather have Kravtsov who has already stated he will be crossing the pond after this season.
    what are the odds a. SKA loses this 1st round matchup and b. Gusev signs to end THIS season with Vegas (fulfilling his 1yr ELC)

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess if Gusev is for sure coming over, I'd consider him. But I like Kravstov here.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO