Thread: Slim Pickings for the Playoffs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Slim Pickings for the Playoffs

Need to make a decision on how to handle my goalie situation in my single season league (not in my signature). It's head to head, categories are W|Sv%|GAA|ShO. We start two goalies at a time and can make 4 moves per week, which are delayed by one day.

Currently I'm in first place in the league by a long shot, so I will have a bye. My goalies at the moment are Vasilevskiy (aka "The Messiah") and Rittich (aka "Where did you go??"). So my main decision is should I be looking really closely at the schedule and making a plan for streaming that G2 spot or if I should pick up one or two of the available netminders and ride them out in the playoffs. Let me know what you think...

[Way too long] List of available goalies:
    J. Markstrom
    C. Schneider
    M. Blackwood
    J. Allen
    C. Crawford
    R. Miller
    B. Elliot
    R. Luongo
    L. Domingue (as a guarantee I hit my start count and likely lock up wins)
    J. Saros
    C. Ward
    M. Koskinen
    L. Ullmark
    J. Bernier
    J. Campbell
    ​10T H2H, keep 11
    G:3|A:2|PPP:1|H/Sh/Blk:0.5|FOW/L:+/-0.1
    W:5|L:-2|Sv:0.2(0.3 in 19-20 season)|GA:-1

Yahoo! position list
    2C|2R|2L|4D|1G|4BN|4NA
    2IR|2IR+

Benn, Monahan, Bergeron, Pettersson
    Marchesseault, Forsberg, Hertl
    Kucherov, Niederreiter, Voracek (IR+), K. Kapanen
    Carlson, Letang (IR+), Reilly, Burns
    Rinne, Dubnyk, Gibson(IR)

Farm: The Goalies Ilya: Sorokin and Samsanov, Adam Boqvist, Martin Necas

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Slim Pickings for the Playoffs

Schneider and Crawford would be g's for me to look at first - i'd watch Crawford a couple games before making a move, make sure he's back.

Luongo Elliott would be my next G's to look at - fla's winning & Philly's been decent of late

Markstrom would be an interesting look. he'll get you a decent number of pts from Saves, and start 16 of 18 down the stretch... just don't expect a lot of W's.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Schneider and Crawford would be g's for me to look at first - i'd watch Crawford a couple games before making a move, make sure he's back.

Luongo Elliott would be my next G's to look at - fla's winning & Philly's been decent of late

Markstrom would be an interesting look. he'll get you a decent number of pts from Saves, and start 16 of 18 down the stretch... just don't expect a lot of W's.
    Just clarifying, i mentioned it in the initial post but this is not for the league in my signature, it is a category scoring league counting Wins, GAA, Sv% and ShO along with six skater categories. So goalies are very important as they account for 40% of the available wins in a week... Vasilevskiy has almost single-handedly won me this regular season even with the broken ankle, he is a god-send

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't think my order would change much.. maybe Elliott ahead of Lu.

Markstrom is really the wildcard here. He's been giving solid GAA/Sv PCT since early Dec. Van just isn't going to win much ROS.

If Crawford comes back and gives Chi some goaltending half a notch above Ward, they'll win a few more games.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4