Thread: Fantasy impact from trade deadline

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Fantasy impact from trade deadline

Fantasy perspective of players that will benefit the most from trades. We could also consider players that might take a hit.

The ones that come to mind for me.

Positive:

1) Namestnikov - His ice time jumped up to 20 minutes a game after Zuccarello got moved. Is there enough talent left in New York for Namestnikov to jump in points. He seems to do well in short spurts when given the ice time.

2) Couturier - Back on PP 1 with Simmonds moved out?

3) Anyone on the Nashville Predators Powerplay? - Simmonds as a net front on a PP Josi, Forsberg, Johansen and Granlund on a PP unit with Simmonds?

4) Marchessault and Karlsson - Can they become as dynamic as they were last year with a new winger in Stone?

5) Kyle Turris - Does he get Granlund to play on his wing?

6) Cory Schneider - If New Jersey is trading away Kinkaid, Schneider must be good to go!

Negative:

5) Arviddson - probably off of PP 1?

6) Minnesota Wild forwards - First Koivu gone to injury, and now Granlund out via trade.

These are just mine... feel free to add others to the list!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Fantasy impact from trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Fantasy perspective of players that will benefit the most from trades. We could also consider players that might take a hit.

The ones that come to mind for me.

Positive:

1) Namestnikov - His ice time jumped up to 20 minutes a game after Zuccarello got moved. Is there enough talent left in New York for Namestnikov to jump in points. He seems to do well in short spurts when given the ice time. Vesey has taken advantage of the extra minutes as well. Looking good beside Zibanejad and Kreider, and on PP1

2) Couturier - Back on PP 1 with Simmonds moved out? Unfortunately Couturier is already owned in my league, but I'm keeping an eye on Konecny

3) Anyone on the Nashville Predators Powerplay? - Simmonds as a net front on a PP Josi, Forsberg, Johansen and Granlund on a PP unit with Simmonds? It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. Boyle will most likely get bumped down to PP2.

4) Marchessault and Karlsson - Can they become as dynamic as they were last year with a new winger in Stone? March is going to go off with Stone, which I only know because I just traded him away...

5) Kyle Turris - Does he get Granlund to play on his wing? I got nothing.

6) Cory Schneider - If New Jersey is trading away Kinkaid, Schneider must be good to go! Blackwood was just called up again. He's bound to see some starts because NJD has 4 B2Bs left (one each of the next three weeks). He played great after his most recent stint, but it's hard to guess whether they'll want to give him more exposure or let Cory try to sort out his inconsistencies. If that's the case, then Blackwood is maybe better served playing in the AHL instead of riding the bench in the majors.

Negative:

5) Arviddson - probably off of PP 1? Sad Arvidsson owner confirming he's got ONE PPP on the season. Not hard to imagine him losing his spot.

6) Minnesota Wild forwards - First Koivu gone to injury, and now Granlund out via trade.Donato + Fiala going to have a whole lot of ice time.
    My thoughts in red.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Star

JVR is now the net-front guy in Philly, instead of splitting time with Simmonds in that role.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Arvidsson's never been good on the PP.
    As long as his spot at 5x5 remains the same, his value will remain unchanged.
    Hell, maybe he'll click with PP2 and actually produce a PPP for a bloody change.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4