Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I can't stop benching shutouts!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: I can't stop benching shutouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    "This may sound simple, but what about adopting the strategy of OVERWHELMING GOALIE FORCE - just keep throwing goalies at each open spot. If you have to make a decision between two goalies - bet on the player, rather than the match-up." - signed: A reformed GM who has given up trying to outsmart goalies.
    Love it^^^^!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Why?

Dobber Sports Genius

In a daily start league with SAVES as a CAT, there is no reason that you bench Hellebuyck at home.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Star

Yes, that's not bad luck or anything else but plain old bad decision making.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Please read this and tell me if there's a worse decision-maker in the history of fantasy: In a roto league I'm 2nd and desperately need the close categories to get a chance at winning, i.e. shutouts and SHP (the other cats are as good as decided). In SHP my final decision was between Grabner and Blueger. I added Grabner. What happens next? Blueger scores a SHG.
    For the goalies I had several options. I thought of Saros but didn't want to rely on spot starts, so I chose Grubauer. What happens next? Saros gets a SO.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile11 View Post
    Please read this and tell me if there's a worse decision-maker in the history of fantasy: In a roto league I'm 2nd and desperately need the close categories to get a chance at winning, i.e. shutouts and SHP (the other cats are as good as decided). In SHP my final decision was between Grabner and Blueger. I added Grabner. What happens next? Blueger scores a SHG.
    For the goalies I had several options. I thought of Saros but didn't want to rely on spot starts, so I chose Grubauer. What happens next? Saros gets a SO.
    Well......Shutouts and especially SHP are pretty random and hard to predict stats.

So yes. There is a worse decision maker in the history of fantasy hockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I could not have finished in a more fitting way. I go out with my signature move.

I read an article about Luongo considering retirement. So I thought his last game may be fitting for a shutout and gave him a spot art.

Well, in the end the SO wouldn't have made a difference. The 10-12 SOs I benched over the course of the season (Roto) probably did.

See you guys next year, let's enjoy the playoffs now.