Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TRADE] Granlund to Nashville for Fiala

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [TRADE] Granlund to Nashville for Fiala

Really bad trade for Minny, feel bad for the fans. Fiala has some upside for sure, but it feels like the best case scenario for Fiala is what Granlund is right now.

This could also hurt their chances of getting Kaprizov to come over next year...
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm feeling for wild fans right now. I'd like to hear the press conference and #Fentarelli explain his rationale
    The rationale is that Paul Fenton is the smartest man in hockey and he was the one who drafted Kevin Fiala. Literally, Paul Fenton was at the podium making the announcement when the Preds drafted Fiala in 2014.

ALSO: Mikael Granlund's fiancee is in labor right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Minnesota must be aware of what Granlund's salary/term ask is going to be (He is a UFA at the end of NEXT season, but can be extended this summer). Fiala is a RFA this summer and is under team control for much longer.

I'm not going to argue for which side I like more, but the salary/term facts are being overlooked.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I have been on the road. I originally thought this was the Granlund in Vancouver.
    Thats what I thought too, and was pretty excited. How they moved Mikael for Fiala is beyond me. Yikes. Maybe Mik comes back in the summer?

EDIT - cant come back, one more year on his contract.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Guessing Granlund's value might take a small hit. Not sure he will get the same ice time and opportunity in Nashville where they like to spread out the offence, but not by too much. Minny ran two pretty balanced PP unites as well I suppose. What do others think about Granlund's value going forward this season with Nashville?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Guessing Granlund's value might take a small hit. Not sure he will get the same ice time and opportunity in Nashville where they like to spread out the offence, but not by too much. Minny ran two pretty balanced PP unites as well I suppose. What do others think about Granlund's value going forward this season with Nashville?
    He was on a 63 point pace this season in what I'd call a bit of a down year for the wild and granlund.

You never know when a player gets moved at the deadline, it could go either way.

I think it's probably safe to say he keeps a 60ish pace as I see a worst case scenario line 2/pp2 with 16 min per game. Granlund has the talent and there's enough support in nashville that he could still pace for 60 with that deployment but probably not much more.

I think he's more likely to get top line and pp1 deployment. Slif that's the case you have to hope nashville doesn't want to split the PP time between two units, which is possible with their depth. I'd like to see what they could do if they loaded a new look on pp1.

There's no one on Minny that can score like forsberg so if they can find some chemistry early I think he could do better and pace for 70ish the rest of the way.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Just saw this:

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/mik...011027319.html

I had no idea his fiance was having a baby today. This actually lowers my projections for him, especially for the first few months.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well doesn't this deal look different almost a year later. Granlund looks done.

Dobber Sports Master

No kidding but they've arguably both struggled and the Nashville offense as a whole (and team really) is a shadow of itself with very little personnel change. Methinks maybe Duchene in the mix has not been positive... The aura around the team has not been great. Nothing like it was. Their home games too, the crowd ain't in it.. and everyone is suffering, including Granlund.

I also wasn't ever sure why Poile made that trade.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Recruit

Wild fan here. Granlund was my favorite player and it killed me when Fenton traded him at the deadline last year.
    I know that he hasn't done much stat wise for you guys and he was injured for a bit. But what are your thoughts on him half way through the first season?