Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Trade] Nick Jensen to the Capitals

Administrator

Default Re: [Trade] Nick Jensen to the Capitals

Jensen's almost certainly going to play bottom pair, but is an upgrade on Bowey now and gives better insurance if either Carlson or Niskanen gets hurt. Not gonna be fantasy relevant although interesting to see if he can help buoy that third pair and help provide some improved results for WSH goalies.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

The more interesting fallout, to me, is that Jensen was the best rental defenseman on the market. Do teams pivot to non-rentals, or do they pay for McQuaid/Lovejoy types? Washington may make out doubly good if competitors then swing at bad defensemen.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The more interesting fallout, to me, is that Jensen was the best rental defenseman on the market. Do teams pivot to non-rentals, or do they pay for McQuaid/Lovejoy types? Washington may make out doubly good if competitors then swing at bad defensemen.
    Such a weak group of defenders available this year. I wonder if someone puts a bigger fish on the market just because the value should be through the roof if that happens.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Such a weak group of defenders available this year. I wonder if someone puts a bigger fish on the market just because the value should be through the roof if that happens.
    This is exactly why the Habs should see what the market is for Jordie Benn. He's been having a solid year quietly and could fetch a nice return if the pickings are slim. Otherwise, just keep him for the playoff push.

Dobber Sports Sage

Caps probably hoping for a repeat of the Michael Kempny experience from last year. Good value.

Administrator

I mean, the Hurricanes would love to find a deal to move one of their RHD but they want help now so it's more likely an off-season deal.

Big Daddy

I’ve seen this suggested on Leafs Twitter for Jake Gardiner. Can’t say it’s bad idea.

Dobber Sports Expert

Caps sign Nick Jensen to $10 million, 4-year extension after acquiring him hours ago.

Administrator

Wow that's a ridiculous bargain deal considering how many dmen are north of $4 million. Jensen had been playing a top-4 role in Detroit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

The big question for the Capitals is going to be who comes out of the lineup, Orpik or Djoos. If it is Djoos, I am not sure the Capitals are any better than they were before Jensen but now they have less cap room and less assets to improve their team.

UPDATE: Jensen has replaced Djoos on the 3rd pairing for today's game. The Capitals gave up Bowey and a 2nd round pick to make their defence corps worse if they are going to keep doing that. Djoos is a better hockey player than Jensen even while playing on the off side.