Thread: Hart or Markstrom down the stretch?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Hart or Markstrom down the stretch?

1 year league, who do you pick? Stats are W, GAA, SV%, and SHO

Hart seems like he’s the real deal, but who knows what will happen in Philly now that they have Talbot, Elliott, and Hart. Could the number of games that Hart plays/starts go down?

With Markstrom, who has been playing really well, you know he might not get as many wins, but he’ll definitely get most of the starts barring any injury.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Hart or Markstrom down the stretch?

Markstrom will def. give you the most starts.. Hart will give you the most wins.

Van (in reality) is closer to top 3 lottery odds than they are to a playoff spot
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Tough, but I might say Markstrom. VAN is at least still in the playoff race.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I'll go Markstrom as well, and not just because I have him. Philly will probably ease back on Hart's starts (plus he's cooled off recently) and the Canucks are still in a dog fight for a playoff spot. The way he's playing, he might even surprise with the number of wins he gets.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Jedi

Am I the only one that doesn't believe the Canucks are actually in a playoff race? I can read the standings and see they're a couple points out, but there are also 5 other teams between them and a spot (all with better & healthier rosters). This whole 'playoff chase' is smoke and mirrors. They will have 3rd best draft odds by end of season.

It really comes down to whether you need quantity over quality. Markstrom will give a fair number of quality starts, few wins - this is where the real teams will find another level to play at and Canucks will lose a plethora of 1 goal games down the stretch. If they win 10 more, rest of season, it'll be a successful stretch run.

Markstrom won't crush your GAA, SVPct - so there's that. If you count saves as a category, then yeah, I'd go with Markstrom as he's now giving you good stats in 3 cats.

If you've got a couple other quality goalies on your roster and you're looking for the best 3rd option - Hart & you can spot-start him

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh I don't think they actually make it, but looking at their roster, there's not many trades they can make that make a lot of sense from a buying or selling perspective, so they're all playing to prove themselves for next year. I think they finish close to a playoff spot, but just out. Philly already knows they're done.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Markstrom. He's the Canucks starter, and the team isn't going to be selling off anyone of note.

These last 2 games ( counting tonight) where Hart's been pulled may mean he's hit a wall. Also, the hot run that was needed to get the Flyers to where Vancouver is has ended. I think these 2 games point towards the flyers selling, and at least Elliott has shown he's healthy. Asmittedly, I'm still leery of Talbot's visa situation, because it's dragging on far too long, but it also seems like if he gets clearance to play in the US, then he needs to get some starts to show whether he's worth bringing back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think depends if Elliott gets traded... if not, maybe there's a small chance Hart gets sent down and Elliott / Talbot timeshare and end this horrid year for PHI.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Last night - 3-2 loss to Arizona is what you can expect from Markstrom ROS. 35/38 - .921 SVPCT.

The top pair in Van right now is Hutton & Stecher. Gudbransson is still only getting 12min a game with the top 2 (Edler, Tanev) out of the line up.
    They are so thin on D - Markstrom is going to see 35sog/gm almost every start.

Administrator

PHI lost big yesterday and Hart has been pulled twice in a row. I have no insight here but maybe they pull the plug and ride Talbot/Elliott the rest of the way? I'm not big on this because it's just two bad games but this scenario takes care of their goalie logjam.

Food for thought...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    PHI lost big yesterday and Hart has been pulled twice in a row. I have no insight here but maybe they pull the plug and ride Talbot/Elliott the rest of the way? I'm not big on this because it's just two bad games but this scenario takes care of their goalie logjam.

Food for thought...
    I think they really one to deal Elliott if at all possible, but between Hart playing poorly, and Talbot crapping the bed getting his work visa in order, it may become impossible to trade Elliott.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.