Thread: 1st rd pick for Hot Goalie

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 1st rd pick for Hot Goalie

First time poster in need of some advice:

I'm in a 12 team H2H league with 6 keepers including max 2 goalies kept year to year. Cats are G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, SOG, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SHO

I won't be making the playoff this year and am looking to determine my keepers and maximize assets with trades

Keepers: McDavid, Matthews, Patrick Kane, Malkin, Price

Borderline keepers: DeBrincat, Dahlin, Doughty, Hart, Binnington

I was offfered Binnington and a 4th for Georgiev and a 1st, I think that seems like a decent offer, any thoughts?

Also if you could throw your input as to who my other keeper should be that would help with trades?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Leafs123; February 21, 2019 at 5:33 PM. Reason: Mixed up the picks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 1st rd pick for Hot Goalie

Welcome to the forums!

I'm a bit confused... your title says 1st round pick FOR hot goalie...

but the offer you have listed is Binnington (said hot goalie) AND a 1st -- for -- Georgiev & a 4th.

just want to be sure which side the 1st rounder is on. Also is this 1st for players & prospects? just player draft? prospect draft?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Recruit

Oh sorry, that was my mistake. The trade is: Binnington and a 4th for Georgiev and a 1st. The is 1st is for players & prospects, though in our league prospects seem to be pretty easy to obtain (I got Dahlin in the 4th round last year).

On a side note since our deadline is tonight I also received another trade proposal: DeBrincat and a 5th for Zuccarello and 3rd. I would be getting the 3rd with Zuccs, who I wouldn't bother keeping. I was hoping to include a 6th round pick instead of the 5th since if I make the previous deal then I would be out a 4th and a 5th round pick after both deals. Any advice is appreciated!

Dobber Sports Superstar

You're not making the playoffs so it's upgrading picks 3 rounds in exchange for the keeper rights of Binnington. I'd make that trade.

Binnington has been the sensation the Blues need this year but there seems to be a red-hot goalie sensation like this every year. I prefer keeping Hart long-term over Binnington (also Debrincat maybe?) which makes Binnington expendable, take the pick upgrade.

The second trade comes down to whether you want to keep DeBrincat or Hart. You have one solid goalie keeper in Price, and you could use your extra 1st rounder obtained in the Binnington deal to grab a second goalie next season. I think I prefer making Debrincat your 6th keeper and so would keep him unless you can push the pick to a 2nd or 1st rounder.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

You're not going to keep Binnington, so don't put any thought into that. I can't imagine keeping Binnington over a guy like Dahlin, who seems on track to be a top 5 guy at his position very soon. So if you're not going to make the playoffs, I'd happily trade Binnington for a better draft pick.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with the above, if you're keeping a second G with your last keeper spot, Hart takes it over Binnington so take the 1st rounder. A 1st should mean a potential keeper-caliber player for next season. I'd do the other pick upgrade as well, as neither Zucc nor DeBrincat are likely keepers for you, so take the jump from 5 to 3 and you're in a good position to start next season!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by randomscrub23 View Post
    I agree with the above, if you're keeping a second G with your last keeper spot, Hart takes it over Binnington so take the 1st rounder. A 1st should mean a potential keeper-caliber player for next season. I'd do the other pick upgrade as well, as neither Zucc nor DeBrincat are likely keepers for you, so take the jump from 5 to 3 and you're in a good position to start next season!
    Welcome to the forums!

And ya randomscrub hit this one right on the head.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

And ya randomscrub hit this one right on the head.
    Thanks for all the hospitality! It sounds like the consensus is to go through with both trades. Now I just need to decide between making Dahlin or Hart my 6th keeper. Thanks!