Thread: Point or Crosby

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Point or Crosby

I'm out of the playoff race this year; complete rebuild mode. But looking to compete as early as next year. I'm trying to acquire younger players with high upside. I'm really just concerned about the next 3 years. Would you trade Crosby for Point?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Point or Crosby

I think for the next 3 years we are probably splitting hairs at this stage. Point is breaking out but Crosby is as steady as they come and 3 years from now I expect him to be about the same player as he is now, all things being equal. Have to wonder if Crosby starts to get rested more and obviously the head is always a concern. I'd have no issue making the deal or keeping Crosby really. I can see both sides.

Dobber Sports Titan

Personally I would rather Crosby, and I think on the name value you could get a piece added to Point for him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What about Scheifele vs Point and Crosby? I would likely have to add something like a pick to get Scheif, or on the other side, I could probably get a pick thrown in with Point. I understand the added picks could sway it one way or the other, but which side would you pursue?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crosby is both a safe bet and has the big name - if you're moving him you want the value. I'd consider Point + a top pick in return, but I don't think I'd add to Crosby to get Scheifele.

Dobber Sports Titan

Point plus the pick. I think I might even rather Point over Scheifele.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Point and the pick. I prefer point and Crosby to Schief, no way id add to Crosby to get Schief.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Got Point and Tolvanen for Crosby. Tolvanen can be kept as a rookie.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    Got Point and Tolvanen for Crosby. Tolvanen can be kept as a rookie.
    Well done.