Thread: Looking to consolidate my roster - Deadline tomorrow

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Looking to consolidate my roster - Deadline tomorrow

Team and scoring in signature. I've been on a bit of a free fall and am now sitting 5th, one point above 6th, with one week left before playoffs (top 8).

Maybe I've just grown too attached but it's hard for me to justify straight dropping anyone on my team to free up any streaming spots. I'm also very interested in finding a way to scoop Crawford from FA and hope it pays off when he returns. My goalie situation has been a total disaster so it couldn't get much worse at this point.

Positionally, I'm weakest at C and G. Need a boost with Goals, +/- (which I usually punt), and all of the goalie categories.

Any obvious sells? I'm thinking Arvidsson (shooting >20%, rough playoff schedule), E.Kane (2 games Week 21), Horvat seems to be in a more defensive role, maybe look to sell Byfuglien to one of the top teams that need defense help? Rittich is pretty much useless to anyone other than the Smith owner, but is he droppable?

Any input is much appreciated!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Looking to consolidate my roster - Deadline tomorrow

Who do you have available for top guys in FA?
    I agree with you for shopping Arvid and Kane because of their bad playoff schedule. Kane is such a streaky scorer too that it seems like he should be cooling off soon. Vegas also has a less than ideal playoff schedule so possibly shop Marchessault around? Maybe try trading one of your goalies and one of the 3 mention for an upgrade in goal then pick up a guy out of FA? It seems like Rittich has lost the crease to Smith for the time being, McElhinney is in a time share and Gibson is hurt, who knows for how long, on a horrible Ducks team. I would drop Rittich for Crawford when he is healthy and possibly other FA's depending on who you have in your FA pool.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you for the reply.

I see guys producing now like DeBrusk/Heinen, Schwartz who's finally correcting that abysmal 3% shooting percentage, Ferland, Mantha (top line and likely sticking there pending a Nyquist trade), Zuccarello, Bjugstad, Galchenyuk.

Mrazek is an available goalie too and the Canes are hot now. But they have some scary playoff matchups so who knows if he and McElhinney do as well down the stretch.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Sophomore

DeBrusk would add more goals but I'm not sure if it would be an improvement over what you would be dropping for him. Zuccarello is on fire lately but if he's dealt then he's likely isn't going to have as good of deployment.

Do you think you could get anyone to bite on Gibson? Maybe him and Strome for an upgrade in goalie? Then move Nylander to fill the C spot and pick up Zuccarello?