Thread: Dubnyk or Lehner (playoff prep)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dubnyk or Lehner (playoff prep)

Scoring: W = 5, SO = 3, GA = -1, SV = 0.1, can start 2 goalies per night

I've owned Dubynk all season (he's my team's namesake) but I've been getting increasingly frustrated with his performance and really wondering if I can trust him through the fantasy playoffs

I recently added Robin Lehner (NYI) and he's been decent so far, though only a small sample size. Waiver wire is not great for goalies beyond Lehner.

I also own Hellebuyck, but I have no issues with him.

My question is do I cut ties with Dubnyk, retain Lehner as my 2nd goalie and try to shop Dubnyk for an additional piece for the fantasy playoffs? Or is Lehner not enough of an improvement to warrant losing Dubnyk?

Any and all advice is welcome.
    Thanks folks!
    (fyi the team in my sig is not the team for which this question pertains)
    Team 1

12-Team, H2H Multi-Cat
    9 Forwards, 5 Defense, 1 Utility, 5 Bench, 2-4 Goalies, 2 IR
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STP, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Cats: W, SO, GAA, SV%

Forwards: Marner, Scheifele, Pettersson (IR), Seguin (IR), E Lindholm, B Schenn, Hyman, Kapanen (IR), Kaprizov, Suzuki, Drouin, Killorn, Dach, Eberle, Stephenson

Defencemen: Josi, Dahlin, Krug, Sergachev, Dumba, Dillon

Goalies: Talbot, Demko, Lehner

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Dubnyk or Lehner (playoff prep)

It seems like the Wild are just floating aimlessly, while Lehner and NYI are driving. Dubnyk's 5 on 5 save percentage has really decreased off of his usual .930 or so, which suggests either nagging injury or decrease in skill. Can't predict the future, but I don't see a turnaround in Dubnyk's future this season. I'd run with Lehner for the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lehner's numbers are elite. I would not hesitate to move Duby in a 1yr league. If this is a keeper. I'm more hesitant as there's now guarantee or word Lehner is sticking in NYI. next year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was going to ask about your sig, because I saw Lehtonen there.

I agree with lucafen4, if it's a one year, or Dubnyk isn't being kept, I think you'll be fine moving him. If you can get Greiss back as part of a 2 for 2 where you upgrade that would help, but he may be in FA. I'd definitely look to move him in that situation.

Dubnyk may also get traded, and see a reduced role, so that plays into the decision as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice so far, everyone. Should have mentioned this is a 1yr, non-keeper league