Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving PLD before Panarin trade?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Moving PLD before Panarin trade?

I'm thinking it's a smart thing to do in yearly leagues. I'm going to to try to move him now before it's too late. He's slowed down considerably as of late too.

Just trying to figure out who to target.....

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Moving PLD before Panarin trade?

I still like him on his own, not personally all that worried. I'll buy him off you in all zero leagues I have with you right now haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

ya i wouldn't be concerned. the return piece wont be a slouch so i dont see much of a drop off...IF its the same position that is.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I'm thinking it's a smart thing to do in yearly leagues. I'm going to to try to move him now before it's too late. He's slowed down considerably as of late too.

Just trying to figure out who to target.....
    I think on a balance of probabilities the chances that both PLD and Atkinson are less valuable without panarin are higher than them being more valuable without panarin. So if you're convinced that Panarin is getting moved before the deadline or that he's not re-signing in Columbus AND you can get current value for PLD with Panarin around, then you probably come out ahead in the long run. Hope that makes sense (it made sense in my head).

To your question as far as who to target - are we talking points only or multi-cat? Assuming PLD is a keeper going forward?

Edit: I just realized this is in the one year league so disregard my keeper question.

If points only I might target Guentzel. He's got a decent playoff schedule coming up and I see no real reason for him to slow down.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

you target the spot on your roster that is the weakest and fill that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm still figuring out the advanced stats but I'm using Natural Stat Trick. It looks to me that Atkinson and PLD do quite a bit better with Panarin than without. Can someone confirm or deny if I'm interpreting this correct.

Pan, Atkinson, PLD, TOI 705:48, FF/60 55.6, FA/60 37.49, GF/60 5.19, GA/60 3.49, SCF/60 34.94, SCA/60 22.7, HDCF/60 14.2, HDCA/60 9.69, On ice SH% 12.71%

W/O Pan, Atkinson, PLD TOI 152:25, FF/60 38.97, FA/60 43.3, GF/60 3.94, GA/60 2.76, SCF/60 25.19, SCA/60 26.38, HDCF/60 10.24, HDCA/60 11.81, On ice SH% 14.93%

This was under everything - so 5on5 and PP combined. I didn't have time to dig into both. So all the numbers point to better shots, more goals and better scoring chances, give up less scoring chances against with Panarin and that is including a on ice SH% helping Atkinson and PLD w/o Panarin but it is quite a bit smaller sample size w/o Panarin.
    Does this make sense or am I missing something?

Sorry if this is indirectly hijacking the OP thread but I felt like it's still applicable to the OP.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by razarr View Post
    I'm still figuring out the advanced stats but I'm using Natural Stat Trick. It looks to me that Atkinson and PLD do quite a bit better with Panarin than without. Can someone confirm or deny if I'm interpreting this correct.

Pan, Atkinson, PLD, TOI 705:48, FF/60 55.6, FA/60 37.49, GF/60 5.19, GA/60 3.49, SCF/60 34.94, SCA/60 22.7, HDCF/60 14.2, HDCA/60 9.69, On ice SH% 12.71%

W/O Pan, Atkinson, PLD TOI 152:25, FF/60 38.97, FA/60 43.3, GF/60 3.94, GA/60 2.76, SCF/60 25.19, SCA/60 26.38, HDCF/60 10.24, HDCA/60 11.81, On ice SH% 14.93%

This was under everything - so 5on5 and PP combined. I didn't have time to dig into both. So all the numbers point to better shots, more goals and better scoring chances, give up less scoring chances against with Panarin and that is including a on ice SH% helping Atkinson and PLD w/o Panarin but it is quite a bit smaller sample size w/o Panarin.
    Does this make sense or am I missing something?

Sorry if this is indirectly hijacking the OP thread but I felt like it's still applicable to the OP.
    You're reading it right that they are much better with him than without. However, if he gets moved, I would expect there to be a piece coming back, like a Huberdeau, Tolvanen, Roslovic, etc, that could slide into that line and they wouldn't see as big of a drop off as they have in the smaller sample sizes with guys like Duclair, Wennberg, Foligno, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I recently traded PLD for Hubredeau for this very reason. It’d be funny if Hubredeau went back to Columbus in a real world trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

All great points. After taking a look at it I find players like him hard to move because of the multi cats they bring so I decided against it anyway.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I guess getting Duchene killed PLD even more. Holy crap he's in a bad slump.

ZERO points in a seven goal game for CBJ. ZERO points in his last eight games.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I guess getting Duchene killed PLD even more. Holy crap he's in a bad slump.

ZERO points in a seven goal game for CBJ. ZERO points in his last eight games.
    What the hell happened to that entire top line last night? Zero points for Cam, and only 1 SOG, in a week I badly need his production.

Panarin had an assist and 7 PIM, but only 1 SOG as well.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Immortal

I dropped PLD in a yearly league. Need a win this week.

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm actually thinking of dropping Panarin in one of my 1-year leagues. $1K pot for the winner and Jenner would actually get me better stats at the moment. It's just the keeper mentality that's stopping me.
    Primary League: Points-only partial keeper (we keep 10 out of a 20 player roster)
    Scoring: (Skaters) G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, OTP // (Goalies) W, A, SHL, SHO
    Forward: McDavid, Point, Matthews, Eichel, Tarasenko, Barzel, Laine, E. Petterson, Hoffman, Voracek, DeBrincat, Kopitar, D. Strome
    Defense: Jones, Werenski, R. Dahlin, Hamilton, Schultz, Dumba (IR)
    Goalie: Murray, Binnington

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Mookyshoots View Post
    I'm actually thinking of dropping Panarin in one of my 1-year leagues. $1K pot for the winner and Jenner would actually get me better stats at the moment. It's just the keeper mentality that's stopping me.
    I would do a lot for $1000. But is it a 1 year league or a keeper lol.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would do a lot for $1000. But is it a 1 year league or a keeper lol.
    It's a 1-year at my office. $1K and a sweet trophy.
    Primary League: Points-only partial keeper (we keep 10 out of a 20 player roster)
    Scoring: (Skaters) G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, OTP // (Goalies) W, A, SHL, SHO
    Forward: McDavid, Point, Matthews, Eichel, Tarasenko, Barzel, Laine, E. Petterson, Hoffman, Voracek, DeBrincat, Kopitar, D. Strome
    Defense: Jones, Werenski, R. Dahlin, Hamilton, Schultz, Dumba (IR)
    Goalie: Murray, Binnington