Thread: Lot of great players to choose from which one do you like?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Lot of great players to choose from which one do you like?

Hey Guys.
    Points only G-1 A-1. Some really good players to choose from. Can't make up my mind. Would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on which ONE you'd add. Very time sensitive. Will REP who I can. Thanks fellas.

Lindholm....Points in last 12 GP 15..Games left 23 Home.12 Very steady all year
    Stone........"""""""""""""""""""""""13"""""""""""" ""23""""""""11 Very steady but what happens if Duchene moved
    Tarasenko.."""""""""""""""""""""""22"""""""""""""" 23""""""""11 Wow, but can he keep it going. I'd be happy with 1 PPG
    Pettersson..""""""""""""""""""""""12"""""""""""""" 22""""""""14 I'm still waiting for him to crash, maybe he won't.
    DeBrincat.."""""""""""""""""""""""22"""""""""""""" 22""""""""10 He's never been here b4. High risk?

This is a non-draft pool so many teams could have the same players. I'm out of the $$ right now but the teams in 4th/5th are quite catchable.
    The 4th and 5th place teams both have TANK. Strategically Tank would be a good pick just to neuter his production. Neither have Lindholm.

Hope you help me out here guys. Appreciate hearing your thoughts.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Lot of great players to choose from which one do you like?

St. Louis is the best team record wise in the NHL in 2019? Thats what I heard... and Tarasenko is the best of the three options that have the 23 games.

I think you have to take one of the players that has 23 games played... maximize your games played.

I am nervous about Stone, cause if he gets traded then it might take some time to adapt to new team and gain chemistry.

Lindholm is interesting and the theory would be to add him to try and outscore tarasenko to move up. But I think your strategy to counter all the Tarasenko points is good too.

If its big money on the line, I risk it and go with Lindholm and hope he moves me up. If it is little money, go with Tarasenko and hope your other players can sneak you up.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    St. Louis is the best team record wise in the NHL in 2019? Thats what I heard... and Tarasenko is the best of the three options that have the 23 games.

I think you have to take one of the players that has 23 games played... maximize your games played.

I am nervous about Stone, cause if he gets traded then it might take some time to adapt to new team and gain chemistry.

Lindholm is interesting and the theory would be to add him to try and outscore tarasenko to move up. But I think your strategy to counter all the Tarasenko points is good too.

If its big money on the line, I risk it and go with Lindholm and hope he moves me up. If it is little money, go with Tarasenko and hope your other players can sneak you up.
    Thanks for taking the time Pen. Really appreciate it. Naw, not big $$$ on the line but 5th covers entry fee. Bragging rights are Important though lol. Won last year, Been out of the $$$ just once in the last 10 years due in large part to help from the Dobber community.
    Agree about the 23 games and Stone.

Pen...if you come back here...and anyone else who takes a look...another question---which duo would you rather have...Tarasenko and Lindholm / Tank and O'Reilly /
    Lindholm and ROR / With my Injury Rule I could swing any one of these duos.

Thanks
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd eliminate DeBrincat from your list right off.

I think you need to be very wary of Stone's games remaining. Duchene is sitting, and if Stone needs to get traded, he may sit as well, and he may get traded to a team with less games left to play - or maybe more.

Unsure which way to go among the other 4, because Pettersson is crazy good, and one game less may not matter much for him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post

Pen...if you come back here...and anyone else who takes a look...another question---which duo would you rather have...Tarasenko and Lindholm / Tank and O'Reilly /
    Lindholm and ROR / With my Injury Rule I could swing any one of these duos.
    Again, it depends on what your other teams have. You mentioned that the teams in front of you have Tarasenko. Do they also have O'Reilly. You mentioned it is not for that much money, and you have always been in the money. So 2 different approaches:

1) Since you have always been in the money, there is the approach to just try sneaking into the money. With this approach, I would take the best player (my thought) in Tarasenko, even though the teams have him. And then probably O'Reilly (whether the teams in front of them have him or not) And Bank on St. Louis doing well and your other players making up the difference to sneak you in.

2) Since you have always been in the money, you are probably ahead $ wise on the league, so it might be worth taking a bigger risk to try getting higher into the money, say 3rd or 2nd, but go in knowing it might lead to you not making the money. With this approach, I would take Lindholm and DeBrinCat or Stone. With this approach, you would be hoping that St. Louis slows down big time and that the teams ahead of you that have Tarasenko (and maybe O'reilly) lose out because St. Louis skids. Super risky approach, but the reward could be there.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Again, it depends on what your other teams have. You mentioned that the teams in front of you have Tarasenko. Do they also have O'Reilly. You mentioned it is not for that much money, and you have always been in the money. So 2 different approaches:

1) Since you have always been in the money, there is the approach to just try sneaking into the money. With this approach, I would take the best player (my thought) in Tarasenko, even though the teams have him. And then probably O'Reilly (whether the teams in front of them have him or not) And Bank on St. Louis doing well and your other players making up the difference to sneak you in.

2) Since you have always been in the money, you are probably ahead $ wise on the league, so it might be worth taking a bigger risk to try getting higher into the money, say 3rd or 2nd, but go in knowing it might lead to you not making the money. With this approach, I would take Lindholm and DeBrinCat or Stone. With this approach, you would be hoping that St. Louis slows down big time and that the teams ahead of you that have Tarasenko (and maybe O'reilly) lose out because St. Louis skids. Super risky approach, but the reward could be there.
    Thanks very much PenguinHunter. Great post. Sorry, unable to rep you on it. Wish I had seen your 2 strategies before I had to make my move last night at 8pm. They both make a lot of sense and I kind of already regret what I did but can't undo it.

I was sitting in 4th-5th for 2 1/2 months. Now down to 7th (5th pays) in the blink of an eye. 15 team league. The 2 teams that moved up past me have a couple of "hot" players that I don't have. I just need them to cool off a bit and they are catchable. 1st and 2nd I can't even dream of catching.

I originally had Tarasenko on my roster. He missed a game Jan 3 I think when he was doing squat and I IR'd him with O'Reilly whose done well. I can keep ROR on my roster as long as I want or put Tank back on my team whenever I want but but if I add Tank, drop ROR, ROR will be gone permanently unless Tank gets hurt again. The 3rd to 6th place teams all have ROR on their rosters.

Sooo, what I did was drop Keller and add LINDHOLM whom just the 3rd place team has. Lindholm is my higher risk move and if he heats up again having him on my team will move me up vs the other teams. I put Tarasenko on my list mostly to see how others felt about him. You and a few others on other threads were up on him.
    I'm keeping ROR on my roster for now. Everyone has him so his points don't matter-he is my neuterer. But I will be watching him vs Tank like a hawk and if Tank can continue to outscore ROR I can add him anytime I want.

For now, I have Lindholm and ROR with the option of adding Tank anytime I want. Not bad. Lindholm should outpace Keller (I hope).

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to post. Appreciate you helping me out.