Thread: Time to give up on Hinostroza?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Time to give up on Hinostroza?

League in signature. Is it time to give up on Hinostroza? He is no longer minors eligible and not producing? How long do you hold on to him before cutting bait? I know a lot of people were high on him in the offseason, and his cap hit is nice, but production is not there. And now he appears to be on the 3rd line with no PP time. Opinions?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Time to give up on Hinostroza?

Dobber likes him alot and have heard breakout potential comparisons to Atkinsons. I mean he's a light cap hit next season with some upside so it probably depends on who you'd be keeping in your 23 (active/reserve) man roster and what your salary implications are.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

i dropped him in one dynasty pool due to his current value. I have him on a very close watch list. He will likely be one of my first waiver adds to start next season.

If you need production to compete now - you have little choice but to drop.

If you're out of it, I think it wise to hold him as long as possible and chew up a roster spot. He's likely of little interest to most owners in pools 14 teams or less at this point.

But peg him for a quick Sept/Oct add if you do choose to drop him now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Win now - drop him. Not worried about winning now - hang on to him. He's got the potential to be a 50 point guy and maybe more. It's Arizona so I wouldn't be too concerned with him being stuck on the 3rd line forever and never getting PP time again.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In my 14 team Points Only 3 yr Keeper league, he is not on a roster.
    Fantrax 3 Year Keeper League (11 keepers; 3 yr contract); 14 teams, 20 player roster (15 weekly starters; 5 man bench)

Dress 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D (Set once weekly, prior to Monday's games)

***Contract year indicates starting year of final contract year (ie: 2019 = 2019-2020 season)

Heading into the draft Roster:
    C - Pettersson (2020), Larkin (2019), Barzal (2019)
    LW - Meier (2020), Hall (2020)
    RW - Mantha (2020), Svechnikov (2020), Wheeler (2019; acquired pre-draft)
    D - Hronek (2020), C Makar (2020), Klingberg (2019l acquired pre-draft)

Dobber Sports Titan

He scored last night just for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

The young Arizona players just dont pan out time and time again. In another organization maybe.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah. He had to complicate the decision. Going to hold on to him as long as possible.